Question on 'all thumbs"

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited September 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
When I put a gallery in 'all thumbs' view (or traditional as well), when I click on a photo for a larger view, it puts up the original, but cuts the image to just part of the screen. When viewing in Smugmug view, the lightbox pops up and handles the image well. (no lightbox on smugmug or traditional for some reason)

ok can't explain it well, so here are some screengrabs:

All thumbs view:

96150006-M.jpg

Click the photo selected above, and I get this, which is my full screen view:

96150004-M.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Sounds like your "preferred viewing size" is set for "Original" and that will cause a thumb, when clicked, to go straight to Original View Size (if origs are enabled).

Could we have a gallery link please? ear.gif
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Sounds like your "preferred viewing size" is set for "Original" and that will cause a thumb, when clicked, to go straight to Original View Size (if origs are enabled).

Could we have a gallery link please? ear.gif

http://digitalmason.smugmug.com/gallery/1903720 (its PW protected, assume you have some admin rights to get around, if not, PM me) (EDIT: turned off PW temporarily)

Ah right you are...But:

1) why didnt lighbox launch instead?
    2) why didnt my browser window scroll to accomidate the larger image? It simply crops the image to the top left corner, no scroll bars provided?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    cmason wrote:
    http://digitalmason.smugmug.com/gallery/1903720 (its PW protected, assume you have some admin rights to get around, if not, PM me) (EDIT: turned off PW temporarily)

Ah right you are...But:

1) why didnt lighbox launch instead?
    LB will launch once you click on the original on the pages. LB will go directly from the photo when you are in smugmug style or smugmug small style and click on the main photo
    2) why didnt my browser window scroll to accomidate the larger image? It simply crops the image to the top left corner, no scroll bars provided?
    it does - the scrollbar is at the bottom, have another look :D
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    LB will launch once you click on the original on the pages. LB will go directly from the photo when you are in smugmug style or smugmug small style and click on the main photo
    it does - the scrollbar is at the bottom, have another look :D

OK, suppose this is just not what I expected...I see the scroll bars are in the photo, not in my browser window as I expected, perhaps I am too used to how lightbox works?

Thanks