What's the best sensor cleaning kit out there?

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited September 18, 2006 in Cameras
I'm working in a friends' project, but I started working in it for pure passion, and now I'm getting my reward, because they want to buy me a sensor cleaning kit, and I want to know what's the best one in the market, I prefere to avoid the liquid version please, but I want to hear your opinion please, I own a 20D, thank you for helping me :D

Byron M.
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited September 18, 2006
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=8350

Byron,

There are many good systems out there, depending on the type of grime your sensor develops. Sometimes, only a liquid method will work. Sometimes, a brush or blower is all that's required.

Read the thread above and I think you'll get an idea for what's available, and the costs involved.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    FWITW, I have never encountered a time when a blower/brush was enough. It must just be me, but whenever I clean the sensor, I find that 90% of the gunk is only removed with a liquid method. Hoping that "this time it will be different," I always try the softer approach. When I find that it didn't change anything, I bring out the Cooper Hill stuff and go after it.

As an aside, I taught my brother how to clean his 30D sensor a couple of months ago (it was about a month old and hardly used, so it can be argued that this was put there by Canon during manufacturing) and none of the stuff on his sensor was effected by anything other the the liquid method.

Just my $0.02