Muscular Factor (Body Training) No.1 :)

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited September 20, 2006 in People
I was at home with some friend taking pictures for a project we're developing about music, when I suddenly noticed that this friend had a very muscular body, and I started experimenting with his body, no face needed, hahaha... he's ugly, hahaha, naaah, just kidding.
I still don't know about poses, or how to make a model expose all of his muscles with a lot of strength, I guess practice makes the master, let me know what you think :D

IMG_4272.jpg

Byron M.

Veins all over the place. :D

IMG_4279.jpg

Merge with the darkness...

IMG_4194.jpg
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    1 way to make muscles POP is too apply baby oil to them, also working out just prior to the photoshoot helps, due to the extra blood in them at that time.....
    In the past a lot of Body Builders would use diuretics to strip water from their bodies a few days prior to a shoot also.

Good photos thumb.gif keep 'em coming.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    Art Scott wrote:
    1 way to make muscles POP is too apply baby oil to them, also working out just prior to the photoshoot helps, due to the extra blood in them at that time.....
    In the past a lot of Body Builders would use diuretics to strip water from their bodies a few days prior to a shoot also.

Good photos thumb.gif keep 'em coming.

Thank you Scott, and yes, I thought about using baby oil, but I didn't want the muscles to look so shiny, but the workout before the photo shoot would have helped a lot, hahaha, but he's kind of lazy too :D, thank you very much, I have some more at home, I will post them in the next few days, thank you :D

Byron M.
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    Hey! First and third ones are awesome! Well, I mean: very good, don't be too proud :D

The second one is very "classical", it just show muscles, well, not much to add, but first one is very good, especially the light shaping which looks like Rembrandt's. Which ain't no bad influence :D

About the 2nd one, again: it may work with some original – I mean: really unusual – pose. Give it a try?

You should try some 'with the head' poses, it may "give" something, too.
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    I very much like the first one. The selective lighting, the color tone, the model - it all works. Nice stuff!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    AntoineD wrote:
    Hey! First and third ones are awesome! Well, I mean: very good, don't be too proud :D

The second one is very "classical", it just show muscles, well, not much to add, but first one is very good, especially the light shaping which looks like Rembrandt's. Which ain't no bad influence :D

About the 2nd one, again: it may work with some original – I mean: really unusual – pose. Give it a try?

You should try some 'with the head' poses, it may "give" something, too.

Mercy AntoineD. Yes, it's pretty classic, I know, but I wanted that Levi's ad kind of photo, hahahaha, or maybe some advertising for a car's brand, don't know, but thank you for your comment AntoineD, and about the head, I don't think so, I don't like faces, maybe heads, but not faces :D But yes, as always, I should give it a try.
    wxwax wrote:
    I very much like the first one. The selective lighting, the color tone, the model - it all works. Nice stuff!
    Thank you very much wxwax thumb.gif that's the one I like the most too :D

Here's another one I took that day, it doesn't have any muscles, but it shows some skin, and I love that dark aspect that my photos have, even though this one needed some sharpness at the post pro, but for now I like it like that, hahaha, thank you for reading. :D

IMG_4236 copy.jpg

Byron M.
  • stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2006
    B:// - nice lighting, really nice series. And what a friend to help you out!
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
    B:// - nice lighting, really nice series. And what a friend to help you out!

Thank you Stephie :D maybe you can chat to him some day mwink.gif hahaha, I'm glad you liked the set... or the boy rolleyes1.gif .

Thank you thumb.gif

Byron M. :D
  • ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    Any of those would be great for CD art, esp #3. All of them are very moody. I am assuming one large softbox?
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com
    edited September 20, 2006
    Any of those would be great for CD art, esp #3. All of them are very moody. I am assuming one large softbox?

No my friend, just a a black sheet with a home-made artifact, let's say a lamp with a black cardboard used as a cilindrical extension with a transparent shiny kind of paper, hahaha, it has a name in spanish, but don't know the translation, eeeeehhmm "selofán", hahaha, thanks for the comment Ballentphoto, very appreciated :D

Byron M.
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    B:// wrote:
    No my friend, just a a black sheet with a home-made artifact, let's say a lamp with a black cardboard used as a cilindrical extension with a transparent shiny kind of paper, hahaha, it has a name in spanish, but don't know the translation, eeeeehhmm "selofán", hahaha, thanks for the comment Ballentphoto, very appreciated :D

Byron M.

Nice piece of work, but don't risk burning your house using some celophan & transparent paper on a desktop lamp :D
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    B:// wrote:

Byron M.

Here I go thinking of all the high tech ways to get that lighting you go and burst my bubble with a lamp rolleyes1.gifbowdown.gif great job with the images thumb.gif. I have thought of doing that but the idea of something catching fire does not appeal to me. hehehe
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com