Breadcrumb problem

tbedna1tbedna1 Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited September 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've searched and searched and found lot of people who have problems uploading but I can't even get that far! Somewhere in my code I'm guessing that I've hidden the "add photos" button. None of my galleries give me the option to upload any more:-( Can someone please assist??

My page is tbedna.smugmug.com. You can find my galleries under public or private.

Thanks in advance!!

Tom
Bednarczyk Photography
www.bednarczykphotography.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Hi Tom,

Welcome to Dgrin! Standby, let me have a look.
    Hi Tom,

I suspect you are not logged in. Go to www.smugmug.com and click on the login link, and log back in :)

Help: http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctlogin

Btw, if you add this
    #bioBox .photo {display: none;}
    to your CSS, you'll not see that pesky "no bio photo" photo when you are logged in :)

Here's a screen shot from IE6, logged in. Let us know, thanks!
  • tbedna1tbedna1 Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    thanks
    Thanks Andy.

You can obvioiusly tell that I've modeled my page after yours!! I love your site! Hope you don't mind:-)

Tom
    Bednarczyk Photography
    I am logged in...
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Tom,

I suspect you are not logged in. Go to www.smugmug.com and click on the login link, and log back in :)

Help: http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctlogin

Btw, if you add this
    #bioBox .photo {display: none;}
    to your CSS, you'll not see that pesky "no bio photo" photo when you are logged in :)

Here's a screen shot from IE6, logged in. Let us know, thanks!

I am logged in. That's why I'm so confused. I'm not really sure when I lost the ability to upload either. I travel quite a bit and just noticed a little while ago.
    Bednarczyk Photography
    tbedna1 wrote:
    I am logged in. That's why I'm so confused. I'm not really sure when I lost the ability to upload either. I travel quite a bit and just noticed a little while ago.
    Hm..

How about this: log out. Clear all cookies and temp files, and log back in. Also, what browser are you using right now?
    Andy wrote:
    Hm..

How about this: log out. Clear all cookies and temp files, and log back in. Also, what browser are you using right now?

I just logged out and then logged back in. While I was logged out I deleted cookies and temp files.

I was using Firefox for a while to customize my site. When I noticed that the upload feature was gone I tried IE 6 and it was still gone. I've tried on several computers and still nothing.
    Bednarczyk Photography
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    tbedna1 wrote:
    I just logged out and then logged back in. While I was logged out I deleted cookies and temp files.

I was using Firefox for a while to customize my site. When I noticed that the upload feature was gone I tried IE 6 and it was still gone. I've tried on several computers and still nothing.
    Hi :)

This part of your CSS code is hiding your "add photos", etc., buttons:

#breadcrumb { /* select all elements with id=“breadcrumb” */
    border-bottom:1px solid #EDEBE9; /* set the bottom border to 1px solid and light gray */
    font-size:15px; /* set the font size to 15 pixels */
    display:none;
    }

#breadcrumb a:link, /* select all link elements that are children of elements with id=“breadcrumb” */
    #breadcrumb a:visited, /* same for visited links */
    #breadcrumb a:active, /* same for active states */
    #breadcrumb a:hover /* hover states too */
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    nope
    Barb wrote:
    Hi :)

This part of your CSS code is hiding your "add photos", etc., buttons:

#breadcrumb { /* select all elements with id=“breadcrumb” */
    border-bottom:1px solid #EDEBE9; /* set the bottom border to 1px solid and light gray */
    font-size:15px; /* set the font size to 15 pixels */
    display:none;
    }

#breadcrumb a:link, /* select all link elements that are children of elements with id=“breadcrumb” */
    #breadcrumb a:visited, /* same for visited links */
    #breadcrumb a:active, /* same for active states */
    #breadcrumb a:hover /* hover states too */

Barb,

Thanks for your assistance but that didn't seem to help. It just gave me the "> > (Name of Album)" and the solid line that goes across the page. :-(

Did you just edit your response because unless I'm going crazy I swear I saw at the bottom of your response that I should remove the "display:none;"???
    Bednarczyk Photography
    tbedna1 wrote:

OK are you referring to the buttons on your homepage or category page, or when you are in a gallery. If you are speaking of within a gallery, please give us the gallery link, thanks.
    somewhat fixed
    Barb,

Thanks! I removed that whole section and it worked. I'll have to go through the forums to find how to remove the navigation ">....>....>Album Name" but at least I can add photos now!!! Wooohoooo!

THanks!

Tom
    Bednarczyk Photography
    It's working now
    Andy wrote:
    OK are you referring to the buttons on your homepage or category page, or when you are in a gallery. If you are speaking of within a gallery, please give us the gallery link, thanks.

Hi Andy! I was referring to when I'm in a gallery. Barb was able to locate the problem. I just deleted the entire section of code for now and will need to go back and fix it later.

Thanks for your quick responses though!

Tom
    Bednarczyk Photography
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    tbedna1 wrote:
    Barb,

Thanks for your assistance but that didn't seem to help. It just gave me the "> > (Name of Album)" and the solid line that goes across the page. :-(

Did you just edit your response because unless I'm going crazy I swear I saw at the bottom of your response that I should remove the "display:none;"???
    I went into one of your galleries in your Sports section, I believe, and using Firefox and WebDev, removed those lines, and the "add photos", etc., boxes reappeared.

Hmmm

EDIT: Glad it worked :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign