bio box shows different size - ie and firefox

keithpruekeithprue Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited September 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have a formatting issue on my site.

The bio box on the homepage is a different size using ie and firefox. Is it possible to force ie to display the same size bio box as firefox. It is important for me, because I want to keep my e-mail address and the footer details in the same place for both the home page and gallery pages (slideshow).

Thanks

http://keithprue.smugmug.com/

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 19, 2006
    keithprue wrote:
    I have a formatting issue on my site.

The bio box on the homepage is a different size using ie and firefox. Is it possible to force ie to display the same size bio box as firefox. It is important for me, because I want to keep my e-mail address and the footer details in the same place for both the home page and gallery pages (slideshow).

Thanks

http://keithprue.smugmug.com/

Hi,

I just looked at your site in both FF and IE and the biobox is exactly the same. Are you looking at each one in either the logged in or logged out position?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • keithpruekeithprue Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    they are different on my computer (logged out). In IE, the div .boxTop field (above the first line of text) is almost twice the height as FF.

Keith
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    keithprue wrote:
    they are different on my computer (logged out). In IE, the div .boxTop field (above the first line of text) is almost twice the height as FF.

Keith

Ok, I do see what you are talking about, but to be honest, I put them side by side and switched back and forth between them, and the difference is hardly noticable. I would imagine your clients will be using one or the other browser, but not both at the same time. Can't imagine they would even notice!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign