Any Grinners in the Savannah, GA region?

cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
edited September 19, 2006 in Location, Location, Location!
I will be going here the end of October and would love some good spots to shoot the fall colors. Suggestions are much appreciated.
====My Gear=====
Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
Wedding Photographer
www.cwphotos.net

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2006
    cwphotos wrote:
    I will be going here the end of October and would love some good spots to shoot the fall colors. Suggestions are much appreciated.
    Hopefully someone who lives there will chime in, but I go there about once a month, so here are my thoughts:

1) Fall colors? This is the deep south...fall colors are IMHO, not very spectacular like the northeast, especially since there are many evergreens about. In any case, fall will be on slow, and late, like end of October or November.

2) locations: the best things in Savannah are the squares, and the homes. the river is not very scenic, though some of the renovated warehouses are good photographic material.

96481738-S.jpg

3) Of course, make sure you duck into churches around the center of town...Here are some of St John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savannah:

50960651-S-1.jpg 96481506-S.jpg

Now, if you have time, and transportation, the surrounding 'low country' is a real treat to photograph. Head out on Rt 17 (across the bridge) and stop when something catches your eye. There are plenty of swamps and trees with spanish moss. You may want to check out the Savannah Wildlife refuge for more of this type scenery.

50457515-S-1.jpg

Good Luck!