A photo composition for an album

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited September 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
She had some beautiful eyes, kind of green, don't know, the thing is that I wanted to do a photo composition with her eyes as a reflective close-up, the reflection was intended for the eyes, the reflection of clocks, but I think I'm not achieving this, because it looks like the whole clock is the eye, not a reflection of it, but I wasn't happy with any blending modes nor with the opacity. Don't know what to do, help please :D
I know many people here don't like this kind of work, alterating photos is bad, hahaha, I don't like it, but the conceptual work required it, so, let me know what you think, Thank you :D

IMG_5203.jpg

Byron M.
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2006
    This is the kind of thing I really groove on.

If you are wanting to get it to look like the reflection is in her eyes, then I would make the clock faces smaller, possible eliptically distorted and less opaque.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck, sounds like a great project!
    Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    B:// wrote:
    She had some beautiful eyes, kind of green, don't know, the thing is that with a friend wanted to do a photo composition with her eyes as a close-up, and we wanted to reflect clocks in her eyes, but I think I'm not achieving this, because it looks like the whole clock is the eye, not a reflection of it, but I didn't liked any blending modes and either the use of the opacity, don't know what to do, help please :D
    I know many people here don't like this kind of work, alterating photos is bad, hahaha, I don't like it, but the conceptual work required it, so, let me know what you think, Thank you :D Byron M.

If you had not of said they were clocks I would have told you they resembled animal eyes, now that I know they are clocks I see clocks :D

I see someone has already put forward a suggestion for you, and hopefully others might be able to offer up some suggestions too.... good luck.
    ....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    I like the idea of clocked eyes but I think it deserves a close-up. The full-face view doesn't allow the viewer to get the effect fast enough and might miss the clock entirely.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • AfterImageAfterImage Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    David_S85 wrote:
    I like the idea of clocked eyes but I think it deserves a close-up. The full-face view doesn't allow the viewer to get the effect fast enough and might miss the clock entirely.

I agree. At first when i saw the photo I thought "neat!"
    Then I read about the clocks and "neat" went straight to "wow bowdown.gif !"

Maybe a close crop of 1/4 of the face so you get 1/2 the nose and one larger eye? ne_nau.gif
    I learned your love for life,
    I feel your presence...
    I remember

SLAMA Photography
  • BrowndogBrowndog Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2006
    Yeah at first glance I missed the clocks too. It needs a crop for sure. It is a great idea.
    Mike W....
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    Thank you ALL :D
    Yes, the main problem is the close-up to define the clocks on the eyes, and I have been thinking about using other photo, but I'm not so sure, I looked out for another one with bigger eyes in the frame, and I came up with this one, the problem is that only has one eye exposed, so don't know...

Here it is:

IMG_5190.jpg

Naaah, I think this one doesn't work, and it doesn't have a clock in the eye rolleyes1.gif, just to show you if it is usable, but I think it is not headscratch.gif

Thanks for reading,

Byron M.
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    i would..
    i would try shooting again ,in closer and with the clocks further away so that the reflection in the iris-interesting concept-good luck
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    headscratch.gif dont know what to do
    iloveyou.gif nice try
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dlibrachdlibrach Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    I dig this kind of thing and think it is great! I prefer having the eyes appear as clock faces rather than reflections of a clock. I do find the colouring in the face distracting from the eyes though. What about a selective colouring (keeping the eyes by bw the face)? Just a thought...

Cheers,
    Dave