>> the next three challenge subjects <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 5, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
the recent poll was so darn close 18-18-17 that i have decided that we'll take all three topics as our next three challenges

portraits

first person

tryptych

in that order :D

Comments

• Ben:::DBen:::D Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2004
    Sounds good! And look at Andy! Sporting the fancy new avatar! :Dthumb.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 13, 2004
    yikes. tryptych scares me :cry
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    I think its cool..... I had a hard time choosing which of the 3 to vote for.

First person scares me, but I think its when you have to push yourself that you learn the most.
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    andy,

seeing as we know what the next couple are going to be, can we start shooting for them now??
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    andy,

seeing as we know what the next couple are going to be, can we start shooting for them now??

you can shoot, but they won't qualify :D
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Is it contagious? headscratch.gif
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    andy wrote:
    Soooo...if we will be away (shooting of course) during the period..can we get a mod to hold our link to the pic & ask very nicely if they would pop it in for us at the time ?
    edited December 13, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Soooo...if we will be away (shooting of course) during the period..can we get a mod to hold our link to the pic & ask very nicely if they would pop it in for us at the time ?

as long as the pic is shot during the challenge period, i'm okay with having anyone you like post it for you :D
  • lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:

I made a little one the other day, just to try it.
  • Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    hay - does anyone have a link to somewhere that can give me a quick tutorial on how to put the three piccies in the one shot in photoshop. very excited about the tripthychhysych...... -thingo, but don't actually know how to do it in photoshop!!!! hhhheeeelp!umph.gif:D

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    AussieKate wrote:
    hay - does anyone have a link to somewhere that can give me a quick tutorial on how to put the three piccies in the one shot in photoshop. very excited about the tripthychhysych...... -thingo, but don't actually know how to do it in photoshop!!!! hhhheeeelp!umph.gif:D
    Bump

Was thinking the same thing myself kate..
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 14, 2004
    AussieKate wrote:
    hay - does anyone have a link to somewhere that can give me a quick tutorial on how to put the three piccies in the one shot in photoshop. very excited about the tripthychhysych...... -thingo, but don't actually know how to do it in photoshop!!!! hhhheeeelp!umph.gificon10.gif
    I haven't done it myself ,but I think it should be pretty easy.

Make a new image with the image height or width (depending on the orientation) 3 time larger than the original photo (add some extra for borders if you want), then paste the 3 images onto the new image as individual layers, so that they can you moved relative to each other. Once your happy with the results, borders etc....flatten the image and ur done :)

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    andy wrote:
    Thanks mate :D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    Huh?

g

(actually, I figured that Andy would tell us how to do it. But I don't know how to make a big white image. I have been trying to figure that out for other reasons all week.) I assumed that it would be easy when I watched people making their movie posters. Then I started trying to do it, I know it has to be simple, but I have no clue, and I don't understand that "tutorial" a couple posts up there. David did one of his kid in the bathtub, I think it was him. I think someone should do a detailed tutorial for me, the "village" idiot.

Pathfinder???? Can you explain this one???
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited January 5, 2005
    for you village idiots
    ginger:

have i ever left you high and dry? :D hang in there, dear i'll put something together in time for the challenge next week. in the meantime, i'm here in merry old england and have some business to attend to then some shootin' with gubbsy and then dinner w/ him as well. guess which is the highlight of my day? lol3.gif
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Huh?

g

(actually, I figured that Andy would tell us how to do it. But I don't know how to make a big white image. I have been trying to figure that out for other reasons all week.) I assumed that it would be easy when I watched people making their movie posters. Then I started trying to do it, I know it has to be simple, but I have no clue, and I don't understand that "tutorial" a couple posts up there. David did one of his kid in the bathtub, I think it was him. I think someone should do a detailed tutorial for me, the "village" idiot.

Pathfinder???? Can you explain this one???
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ginger:

in the meantime, i'm here in merry old england and have some business to attend to then some shootin' with gubbsy and then dinner w/ him as well. guess which is the highlight of my day? lol3.gif

The business meeting? :lol

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ginger:

have i ever left you high and dry? :D hang in there, dear i'll put something together in time for the challenge next week. in the meantime, i'm here in merry old england and have some business to attend to then some shootin' with gubbsy and then dinner w/ him as well. guess which is the highlight of my day? lol3.gif
    are you ever at home?!? ne_nau.gifD

enjoy dinner boys!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• lulalakelulalake Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    the recent poll was so darn close 18-18-17 that i have decided that we'll take all three topics as our next three challenges

portraits

first person

tryptych

in that order :D
    Hey Andy,
    Nice to be here. Questions, When do the challenges run what re the posting rules etc and/or is there a link where all that kind of info lives?

Thanks

Jules
    edited January 5, 2005
    lulalake wrote:
    Hey Andy,
    Nice to be here. Questions, When do the challenges run what re the posting rules etc and/or is there a link where all that kind of info lives?

Thanks

Jules

wave.gif hey there, jules, welcome to dgrin! glad to have you here :D

you can read the rules here they are posted in each challenge, and that thread is always sticky at the top of the challenge forum. near the bottom of that thread is a link to the main challenge rules thread..

the challenges run every two weeks, and the next one starts on monday, january 10th.

thumb.gif
  • lulalakelulalake Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    wave.gif hey there, jules, welcome to dgrin! glad to have you here :D

you can read the rules here they are posted in each challenge, and that thread is always sticky at the top of the challenge forum. near the bottom of that thread is a link to the main challenge rules thread..

the challenges run every two weeks, and the next one starts on monday, january 10th.

thumb.gif
    Thanks Andy, I'll check it out. Hope you and your family had a great holiday, I just got back from Wales and London for the holidays. I shot about 15 rolls of Astia 100 on the Mamiya and also filled up my 4 gig card and a few smaller ones on the Sony. The film is being processed and I can't wait to scan em in.

Cheers

Jules