Options

My little girl

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited December 12, 2004 in People
Last week, my beautiful daughter was brought into this world, and she was as small as a football. She skipped right over the crawling stage and scooted around on her knees. One day, she pulled herself up on a coffee table and she was walking from that point on, with no coaching from her parents. She's in Kindergarten now and reading at a 3rd grade level. Where did the time go?

12549676-L.jpg
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2004
    We as photographers have hundreds of images to document exactly where the time went. Pity those who have not taken the time to archive those special moments.

Beautiful picture!
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • Options
    BMWRiderBMWRider Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Last week, my beautiful daughter was brought into this world, and she was as small as a football. She skipped right over the crawling stage and scooted around on her knees. One day, she pulled herself up on a coffee table and she was walking from that point on, with no coaching from her parents. She's in Kindergarten now and reading at a 3rd grade level. Where did the time go?

12549676-L.jpg

Beautiful portrait, Fish, of a beautiful little girl.
    Photographs are memories.
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2004
    mgound wrote:
    We as photographers have hundreds of images to document exactly where the time went. Pity those who have not taken the time to archive those special moments.

Beautiful picture!

True! And thank you.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2004
    BMWRider wrote:
    Beautiful portrait, Fish, of a beautiful little girl.
    Thanks Dan. It helps to have a good-looking model :)
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited December 10, 2004
    Wow! She's gettin' to be a big girl there thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2004
    "You paid HOW much for that lens?!"

12554589-L.jpg
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2004
    fish wrote:

12554589-L.jpg
    lol3.gif Thats a great catch fish ! Good looking billy lid you have there thumb.gif
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2004
    Great Shots fish.

Whats a Billy Lid and where does the term come from Humungus?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited December 10, 2004
    fish wrote:

12554589-S.jpg

Well done Fish. Now I can see how she lovely she is!! How's your knees holding up?? rolleyes1.gif:Drolleyes1.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Great Shots fish.

Whats a Billy Lid and where does the term come from Humungus?
    Rhyming slang for kid.

Its origin ...well a billy is a tin used to boil water over a campfire (or a bong) & it sometimes has a lid.

Rhyming slang came with us in the iron shackles from pommie land.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2004
    gorgeous daughter you have :D lovely shots, both of them!
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Well done Fish. Now I can see how she lovely she is!! How's your knees holding up?? rolleyes1.gif:Drolleyes1.gif
    Thank you. My knee's okay. Next time, I'm taking a kneepad. :thwak
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2004
    andy wrote:
    gorgeous daughter you have :D lovely shots, both of them!
    Thanks Andy...that means a lot to me.
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2004
    little girls just loooove silly knock knock jokes iloveyou.gif

12558008-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2004
    high contrast lighting.

12558651-L.jpg
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2004
    fish wrote:

12554589-L.jpg
    Cute thumb.gif Great caption.
    I have had reactions like that from big girls too.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2004
    Beautiful shots Fish.. now don't LOSE THEM.. your gonna be looking for em soon enough...clap.gif
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2004
    Oh dear...
    This is marvellous, the lighting is awesome and the contrast of the sweet little girl and the fence...... bowdown.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2004
    This is marvellous, the lighting is awesome and the contrast of the sweet little girl and the fence...... bowdown.gif

thanks...you are all too kind. :)
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    fish!
    Beautiful shots (all four of them) you got here!
    They're very simple and spontaneous: exactly what I like to see on pictures of children.

Of course, your daughter is lovely, and that makes it so much easier to get nice pictures! :-)

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago

PS: How much did you pay for that lens? ;-)
    I assume it's Canon 'L' glass... right?