FS: Nikon D70 w/ 2gb CF

botanistbotanist Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited September 26, 2006 in Nikon Land
Looking at possibly selling my D70 to fund a D200 purchase...

The D70 is in immaculate condition. I'll be selling her body only because that's how I bought her, and frankly I love my lenses :lust lol Anywho, all caps, cords, boxes, paperwork, etc are included. I'm anal about that kind of stuff. I have the original strap as well, barely used (i bought a padded strap after a month of owning her).

She has never been in for service (meaning has never had the need for service) nor has she succombed to the BGLOD (blinking green light of death) as oh so many D70's did. I have the newly replaced EN-EL3a battery (post-recall) as well.

I've taken pictures of her which I plan on editing as soon as work calms down this afternoon. If any of the pictures aren't up to par or you want a new/different angle/zoom just please ask :):

Asking: $550 w/ 2gb Hitachi Microdrive
t_535.jpg
  • D70 Body with Body Cap
  • Quick Charger MH-18a
  • Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3a
  • USB Cable UC-E4
  • Eye cap cover
  • LCD Cover
  • Nikon Camera Strap
  • D70 Manual
  • 2gb Hitachi Microdrive
Please ask for any additional info as needed :thumb I prefer paypal over any other means.
Smug: botanist.smugmug.com
Photog: www.Exifocus.com
Work: www.WorkSafeBoredom.com

"The worst photographer is the one who never takes a picture."

Comments

• botanistbotanist Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2006
    Pics as promised! :):
    All shots taken w/ my other D70s thumb.gif

http://www.exifocus.com/gallery/1913950

96746616-L.jpg

96746702-L.jpg

96746733-L.jpg

96746805-L.jpg

96746827-L.jpg

96746859-L.jpg

96746885-L.jpg

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 23, 2006
    I think I just made a new flea market rule... what's this "feeler" stuff? Either its for sale or its not. You have a hard time committing, don't you? lol3.gif

This is a good deal for a great camera. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

DoctorIt wrote:
    I think I just made a new flea market rule... what's this "feeler" stuff? Either its for sale or its not. You have a hard time committing, don't you? lol3.gif

This is a good deal for a great camera. thumb.gif
    rolleyes1.gif you've never heard of a Feeler? It means (at the time I posted it) it was tentative. However now it's just full-bred on sale since the D200 is just too damned tempting! deal.gif

If i can edit the thread title i'll remove it, otherwise if you could that'd be great! clap.gif

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    hah. botanist likes giving them 'feeler's. lol jk jk

on the serious note, how many actuations does this body have?
    mr peas wrote:
    hah. botanist likes giving them 'feeler's. lol jk jk

on the serious note, how many actuations does this body have?

headscratch.gif

Approximately 14k...I don't have an app on my mac that can count shutter actuations, however I do on my work PC so I can check it out on monday. I do know that my file count (which has never been reset) is at ~14k.

More specifics to come! :D

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 24, 2006
    botanist wrote:
    you've never heard of a Feeler? It means (at the time I posted it) it was tentative. However now it's just full-bred on sale since the
    Didn't say I hadn't heard of if, just think its a silly idea.

Title edited.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited September 25, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Didn't say I hadn't heard of if, just think its a silly idea.

Title edited.

Perhaps, but some people have to sell the item before they can buy the replacement so they judge the market by putting up a feeler. eek7.gif

or you can just put up a FS thread and choose not to sell if the price is too low for you
    Shutter Count Update
    Thanks to ShutterCount.exe the Shutter Count is currently at 13,222 with the pictures I took this weekend :):

botanist wrote:
    Thanks to ShutterCount.exe the Shutter Count is currently at 13,222 with the pictures I took this weekend :):

How cool! Where did you get the program?
    I actually borrowed it from here:
    www.jacobel.net/shuttercount.exe

But that's not the person who made it (I don't believe)...however the original website seems to have disappeared. headscratch.gif

Either way I'd used it before so I knew the program was legit. It's written for D70's (I assume it works w/ D70s, but haven't tried). There is a Mac version of it, just do a simple google search ("shuttercount.exe") and you should come up with it. :):

Enjoy!

• kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    If you're serious about selling and have an ebay account, I highly recommend using ebay to sell it. I sold mine on there and got a great price. The key is to post lots of pictures of the product like you did here and be completely HONEST about the product, which it looks like you have :) I've always done well selling my unwanted camera equipment on ebay. I even sold a mint neutral denisty (split/graduated) filter for almost what I paid for it!

Just a suggestion. Good luck. I did the same thing you are doing...sold the D70 to fund the D200 :)

P.S. I believe the trial version of Opanda EXIF viewer allows you to see the total number of shutter release also. Pretty sure I've used that in the past: http://www.opanda.com/en/download/index.html

Actually, I just checked...there's a freeware version that you can download and it works fine. Gives you the total number of shutter releases toward the bottom of the info. And BOY does it give you all the details! Laughing.gif
    edited September 26, 2006
    kygarden wrote:
    If you're serious about selling and have an ebay account, I highly recommend using ebay to sell it. I sold mine on there and got a great price. The key is to post lots of pictures of the product like you did here and be completely HONEST about the product, which it looks like you have :) I've always done well selling my unwanted camera equipment on ebay. I even sold a mint neutral denisty (split/graduated) filter for almost what I paid for it!

Just a suggestion. Good luck. I did the same thing you are doing...sold the D70 to fund the D200 :)

P.S. I believe the trial version of Opanda EXIF viewer allows you to see the total number of shutter release also. Pretty sure I've used that in the past: http://www.opanda.com/en/download/index.html

Actually, I just checked...there's a freeware version that you can download and it works fine. Gives you the total number of shutter releases toward the bottom of the info. And BOY does it give you all the details! Laughing.gif
    That was actually my plan. I just gave here and fred miranda a shot first in case someone was looking for a backup/etc. I'll post it on ebay today :): Thank you clap.gif