Options

nephew photos - first post

gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited December 16, 2004 in People
Hello everyone. I've been lurking a couple weeks and love the friendly and creative vibe here. I picked up a Digial Rebel about a year ago and have been bitten by that bug. You know the one. Anyway, I'm a total beginner, and would love some feedback. Here's some shots I took of my nephew a few days ago...

12550220-M.jpg
iso 200 f/5.6 1/160
12550114-M.jpg
iso 200 f/5.6 1/25

Most of my shots were underexposed, and I had to adjust levels in PS quite a bit. I was using auto white balance, and things seemed way too yellow, which I adjusted also. I'm still trying to figure out how to know what adjustments to make in what situations to get the shot to look right. I guess that particular quest might take some time... ;)
There's a thin line between genius and stupid.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2004
    wave.gif welcome greg!

i sure love both of these shots, they are *not* your ordinary kid shots that's for certain. love the look he's giving me in number one, and the movement (i dig movement) of him coming down the slide, contrasted with the sharpness of mom in number two :D

happy you joined dgrin!
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    Hi greg!
    andy wrote:
    wave.gif welcome greg!

i sure love both of these shots, they are *not* your ordinary kid shots that's for certain. love the look he's giving me in number one, and the movement (i dig movement) of him coming down the slide, contrasted with the sharpness of mom in number two :D

happy you joined dgrin!
    I make Andy's words my own!
    Cool shots, and I bet you'll be having a great time with your kid, with your new camera and with the folks here at dgrin! Make yourself at home!

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    wave.gif Hi greg, great to have you here! I very much like the movement in the second shot, as Andy said, not at all your typical kid shot. Shoot lots and post many!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    Hi Greg wave.gif welcome. I love the first shot... what a look! I too have a drebel and am learning my way around it.. I think...

Lynn
  • Options
    gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2004
    Thanks for all the waving yellow dots everyone! I appreciate the feedback. The look on my nephew's face in the first photo is the look he gives contemplating what will happen if he doesn't obey the "come over here now" command issued by his mother a few seconds earlier.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2004
    Hi Greg,

Both pictures are full of personality and expression, thumb.gif