Motocross Shots

mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited September 30, 2006 in Sports
I'm just a noob here so I thought I'd post some shots of my last trip to the motocross track. C&C is always welcome!

Comments

• mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 21, 2006
    ...and another.
    ...last one. This guy was incredibly fast and really turned on the speed when he saw me with my camera.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    mikeshots wrote:
    ...last one. This guy was incredibly fast and really turned on the speed when he saw me with my camera.

2nd and 3rd are better. You got their front. If you could some passing in the corners or shots where two racers are next to each other that adds some drama to the images, show the competition.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
    bham wrote:
    2nd and 3rd are better. You got their front. If you could some passing in the corners or shots where two racers are next to each other that adds some drama to the images, show the competition.

Thanks for the feedback. It was a practice session when I shot these, so the guys were pretty spread out from each other. I agree on getting the faces (especially the eyes) in the shots as well. I just really liked the body positioning in the first one. He was really wrestling it through the turn!
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2006
    Nice shots. I do not know if you are trying to sell your photos or not but have found that the berm and jump shots sell better than group shots. Try to work on the inside shots of corners and jumps. Not allways as a close crop but with the dirt in the air as the last one. thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    mikeshots wrote:

Now are you accusing an MXer of showing off??? mwink.gifmwink.gif
    Nice job for a practice day, makes me really want to get out to the track! Thanks for sharing :D
  • luisferfrancoluisferfranco Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    Very good images, I agree, 2 and 3 are the best. #1 would be too good also, if you didn't cut the back tire.
  • kerstenpkerstenp Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 30, 2006
    Nice shots. I prefer the "coming at you" pictures.