Pictures of a Cheese Grater

THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
edited September 25, 2006 in Holy Macro
I'm working on a project at work where we are trying to duplicate one of the surfaces on a cheese grater. So, of coarse, I decided to take some pictures! I was pretty excited with the results so I thought I would share them!

All are natural lighting except for the last one - I put an LED Flashlight on the inside.

96962432-M.jpg

96962448-M.jpg

96962472-M.jpg

96962497-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin

Comments

• sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    ...So, of coarse, I decided to take some pictures!...

no pun intended right? rolleyes1.gif
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    Hi Touch !
    But Touch this could be good for Nikolai's assignment after re-shooting under his gidelines !!! thumb.gif
    The photos are nice.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    sirsloop wrote:
    no pun intended right? rolleyes1.gif

HAHA! Of coarse not, how cheesy would that have been? I thought it would be just fine to slice up some different pictures than the normal, and hope that my work doesn't get shredded!

Sorry, couldn't think of anything for grated! :D
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
    Hi Touch !
    But Touch this could be good for Nikolai's assignment after re-shooting under his gidelines !!! thumb.gif
    The photos are nice.
    thumb.gif

Thanks Antonio!

I haven't been to Dgrin in so long, I didn't notice Nikolai's assignments - what a great idea!

- Kevin
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited September 22, 2006
    Product shots can be kind of fun, to try to make an every day object interesting, dramatic, or mysterious. The use of DOF and lighting is well done in these shots.

One suggestion I might offer, would be to consider a different color for the background than solid black. A single, monochromatic colored background can be a nice counterpoint from the shiny cheese grater's specular reflections.

For example, this saddle was shot against a white wall that seemed cold, and sterile to my eye, so I replaced the white wall with a off-white/tan background that pleases my eye better......

http://pathfinder.smugmug.com/photos/95303723-M.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2006
    very nice photos loved them and i love cheese
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    I've opened a bottle of wine...cool shots!:D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited September 25, 2006
    Thanks everyone!

Pathfinder - thanks for the tip. I'll have to give that a try. The black background is actually one of those folding beach chairs! :D

Awais - I like cheese too!thumb.gif

- Kevin
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    I grate potatoes on mine. Add some grated onions, a little flour, 1 egg, salt & pepper and fry in skillet with oil. Yummy potato pancakes.

I like the first shot.

The nubbies will mess up your fingers. :D