Worth a re-shoot?

TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
edited September 23, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I kinda like this shot, even tho it stretches the theme perhaps beyond the intention.
Was going to title it "Natural Neon".
I actually had entered it, then realized I shot it before the opening date of the challenge.
Any comments appreciated....

97117926-L.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2006
    That photo has its own merrits. Its quite different.
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    I really like this pic - very dramatic!

I found this definition for neon from answers.com
    1. (Symbol Ne) A rare, inert gaseous element occurring in the atmosphere to the extent of 18 parts per million and obtained by fractional distillation of liquid air. It is colorless but glows reddish orange in an electric discharge and is used in display and television tubes. Atomic number 10; atomic weight 20.180; melting point −248.67°C; boiling point −245.95°C.
    2. A neon tetra.
    3. An extremely bright color.
    In your case I would say you hit the extremely bright color. I would try retaking it!
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    The black background adds considerably
    Yea, TomaS, I'd reshoot or something similar...I like how the light explodes from each petal. Nice shot.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Cyber6Cyber6 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    Maybe by playing with the levels you can get a "surreal" yellow... to fit the challenge much better. In any case is a great shot, can I ask what gera you have?

C.
    ~~ Never argue with an idiot -- he will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.~~
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    Thanks Gus - I was tempted to PP it to the max but decided against that.

Hi Judy - #3 it is! Thanks - that opens up the challenge quite a bit for creativity. We could even add a #4 - model of automobile.mwink.gif

Hey Swartzy - thanks, I think I will re-shoot. I'd better hurry becasue all the sunflower species are starting to wilt with the cold blast of fall we just got.

Cyber6 - I am not much with PS, but can use Capture NX to brighten a bit. But I do want to go for a fake neon look.
    I used a Nikon D200 with Sigma 70-200 f2.8, no filters, shot in RAW, backlit by early morning sun.
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    I tried playing around with the shot you had in the thread. I played with color variations (adding red and green to make yellow) and then increased the saturation. This really brighted it up....