More Soccer Still

SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
edited September 23, 2006 in Sports

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    Gary - that's an interesting shot at an interesting angle. It breaks the "faces" rule, but some thing about it makes me keep looking at it. From what I can tell, while it looks like a great attempt at a save, the keeper appears to be behind the goal line... so it looks like the shot scored.

btw, that keeper must have been seeing a lot of action in that game - look how dirty his socks are:D

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Gary - that's an interesting shot at an interesting angle. It breaks the "faces" rule, but some thing about it makes me keep looking at it. From what I can tell, while it looks like a great attempt at a save, the keeper appears to be behind the goal line... so it looks like the shot scored.

btw, that keeper must have been seeing a lot of action in that game - look how dirty his socks are:D

C.
    Coleen, It looks like the goalee is the clean one in that shot.
    Looks like a rain game w/ a bit of sun to me. The attacker is a regular mudbath...
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Colleen, It looks like the goalee is the clean one in that shot.
    Looks like a rain game w/ a bit of sun to me. The attacker is a regular mudbath...

I missed the attacker being muddy - but given that my son plays keeper a lot, it just may be that he pulled my attention. ok - maybe the coast had a bit of drizzle that we didn't get inland, but it hasn't rained out here (I'm about 50 miles east of Gary) since the summer storms. More likely, the field maintainence people left the sprinklers on too long:D
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    North High School in Torrance, CA ... early morning dew, plus water from irrigation, plus a very ill kept field. It was more of an obstacle course than a pitch. Tall grass, no grading, deep holes with so much mud that the ball would literally staop when it landed in one. Very sad place to play for a Premier/Gold team. When I review my shots I said to myself ...this shot would have been super if the keeper was diving into my camera instead of away. But, all-in-all, a different look. Thanks for taking a peek Frog Lady and Slo YerRoll.

Gary

It was a save for the keeper ... the ball is rebounding off his hands.
    G
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed