anything about this flower bud shot?

photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
edited September 23, 2006 in Holy Macro
I've been trying to see anew from a more macro point of view. Here's a budlet not yet a flower. I was surprised by the hidden colors inside and the interesting edges. :scratch

247927778_224c6f728e.jpg?v=0

Here's a pleasing capture, methinks, of a more fully developed flower
96583164-M.jpg

and here it's in full bloom
96582949-M.jpg

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    I think all three shots are nice. I really like shots like the first one, but would crop off the sides and make it a square crop. These three images would make a nice triptych.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    photodoug wrote:
    I've been trying to see anew from a more macro point of view. Here's a budlet not yet a flower. I was surprised by the hidden colors inside and the interesting edges. headscratch.gif
    Here's a pleasing capture, methinks, of a more fully developed flower
    and here it's in full bloom

Hi Doug........ these are real pretty, flowers are just a work of art aren't they.....their dainty petals, and I particularly like how many enclose themselves at night and reopen in the morning sun.

Nice Series Doug clap.gif ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    I agree with the square crop suggestion-- the background is busy and distracting to my eyes.

The focus on the third one seems to be only on the front, not on the whole flower. Since the other two are focused, it seems like the third should be entirely in focus as well.

I also like the triptych idea-- but I'd shoot them all from the same perspective, ie, all from the top, or the side, or something. Not sure how possible that is (ie, if these are your flowers, so you can spend time with a tripod to get the shot), but I think it could be really cool.

Having said all of that, though, you've managed to get a lot out of this kind of flower that I've never gotten. Nicely done.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Lovely flowers iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    I really like #3. It's lovely!