A few macros of some flowers.

MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
edited September 24, 2006 in Holy Macro
These are some of my first macros. I'm learning quite a bit. Macro photography is quite difficult I am learning given the shallow DOF and the more affect the slightest movement has on the subject given the magnification factor. Anyhow, here are a few.

Pollen.jpg

Pink_flower.jpg

Red_penta.jpg

This last picture really isn't a macro but I did take it with my macro lens. I guess this is more of a flower portrait.

The_Rose_sept_06.jpg

Comments

• BrowndogBrowndog Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    Beautiful colors. I like #1 bestclap.gif
    Mike W....
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    Browndog wrote:
    Beautiful colors. I like #1 bestclap.gif

Did you notice the almost perfect looking star-like parts of the flower where the pollen is?
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    wow they look like stars i loved 1st
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    Maestro wrote:
    These are some of my first macros. I'm learning quite a bit. Macro photography is quite difficult I am learning given the shallow DOF and the more affect the slightest movement has on the subject given the magnification factor. Anyhow, here are a few.

This last picture really isn't a macro but I did take it with my macro lens. I guess this is more of a flower portrait.

Hi there Maestro......... yep your not wrong for the degree of difficulty, it is a lot harder than it looks.
    The shallow DOF does not allow for hand shake or movement at all, however using a flash helps over come that part.

You have done very well with the images you have produced here clap.gif
    You will just get better and better the more you do nod.gif
    Nice series............ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited September 24, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there Maestro......... yep your not wrong for the degree of difficulty, it is a lot harder than it looks.
    The shallow DOF does not allow for hand shake or movement at all, however using a flash helps over come that part.

You have done very well with the images you have produced here clap.gif
    You will just get better and better the more you do nod.gif
    Nice series............ Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skippy. Wind has been my worst enemy causing much movement of my subjects along with too much caffeine on my part. rolleyes1.gifI've read quite a lot lately on the subject, even some of Lord V's advice. thumb.gif It's all part of the learning curve. Not one of my shots from today turned out. :cry However, there is always tomorrow.
    edited September 24, 2006
    wow they look like stars i loved 1st
    Thanks Awais.