High school footbal

Captn14Captn14 Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
edited September 24, 2006 in Sports
Hello all - I am new to this forum ( didn't even realize there was one at smugmug) . Anyway, I have been shooting for less than a year and this is my first season trying high school football :bash....I use a d50 and an
sb-600 flash...This was the second week out and just wanted to share for
some feedback. There is some nice stuff around here and looks like some
pretty smart folks. Anyway here are a couple. There is more at my smugmug site. Thanks for looking.

97232570-L.jpg

97232386-L.jpg

Rod

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2006
    Rod,

the second is a really great capture. Nice timing and nice and sharp.

One thought - do you still have an unprocessed version? If so, take a look at the grass in it. One problem with noise reduction is that it can really remove grass texture in some shots. Looks like it might have happened in this one. (i.e. texture is still there in first shot but second shot it looks more like plastic). If that's the case - using the history brush can easily restore the texture.

That and the bright blue spot on the arm of the receiver. They're minor nits but on a photo this good they should be easily cleaned up.

Great job!
  • Captn14Captn14 Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    One thought - do you still have an unprocessed version? If so, take a look at the grass in it. One problem with noise reduction is that it can really remove grass texture in some shots. Looks like it might have happened in this one. (i.e. texture is still there in first shot but second shot it looks more like plastic). If that's the case - using the history brush can easily restore the texture.

That and the bright blue spot on the arm of the receiver. They're minor nits but on a photo this good they should be easily cleaned up.

Thanks for seeing that John...I didn't even notice. Unfortunalty I do not have photoshop....I only use Nikon View (free version) to process the raw image...I must break down and get something but there always seems to be
    something else that comes up ... like the power bill ,car payment..headscratch.gif

Anyway thanks for taking the time to look and comment. I might try some
    soccer on Monday or Tuesday.

Rod