Boys will be Boys (7 pics)

vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited September 26, 2006 in People
Trekked into central London yesterday in search of an ND filter, to see if it will help sort my over exposing flash problem. Finally found one at Cameraworld, but ended up having to fork out £44 for an ND8 pro Hoya. Ouch!!

Anyway, was desperate to try out my new filter in my home studio setup so rang up a friend and asked if I could "borrow" him & his kids for a while.

It took a while to get a reasonable setup with the lights & then I started playing around with the filter, but it seemed to make things too dark, so I gave up & just used the camera as it was. It was only later that I realised I had the setting so it under exposed by -5! Doh! Need to get another white brolly or something, the light from the barn door light is way too harsh really. Roped "Dad" in & had him using the reflector. I'm sat in the doorway to actually get the camera to focus as I'm at the camera focus limit. Feel a bit like a conortionist :D

Still got some nice shots & the boys had a fab time, rolling around on the floor, being silly & generally being fantastic models. As usual any C&C welcome.

1. H
97479530-M.jpg

2. J
97479535-M.jpg

3. H again
97479531-M.jpg

4. J doing his Pimp My Ride impression
97479536-M.jpg

5. Double trouble
97479532-M.jpg

6. They may look like they are being loving, happy brothers, but H is diggin his chin into J's back & that's why he's laughing
97479533-M.jpg

7 Brotherly love? I like this one
97479534-M.jpg

PS Any Quark users should get the H&J joke :-)
Nicola
Iconic Creative
http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
Raghu Rai

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    Nicola,
    I can see how wonderfully you shot these boys.
    The light is very nice, the colours, and the boys themselves.
    Very nice work.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    Nicola,
    I can see how wonderfully you shot these boys.
    The light is very nice, the colours, and the boys themselves.
    Very nice work.
    thumb.gif

Thanks Antonio!!
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai