College Football. Your knowledge applied :D

luisferfrancoluisferfranco Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited September 27, 2006 in Sports
Hey guys, here are some pics of this week's game. I applied many of your suggestions, and I see a real improvement in the pics. Please C&C because I think there's still lot to learn.

This week my focus was in faces, and didn't mind the overexposure in the uniforms. Then in PP I added the following for most pics:

* Added even more "fill light", about 1/4 stop.
* Applied USM to the 10MPx pic, with 100% and radius 3px
* Added more saturation to blue, green, yellow and cyan channels
* Tight crop and resize

Thank you for all your help, I really see an improvement here.

251283077_7121b1458f_o.jpg

251283017_242a41a104_o.jpg

251282474_5d9d764175_o.jpg

251281791_8d3408a184_o.jpg

Comments

• dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    good captures. great jobthumb.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    Perfect! Sharp, Action, Ball, face... thats the 4 big ones that make great football photos! Doesn't matter that all the jerseys are blown out.. you got their face! thumb.gif
  • CalexPhotoCalexPhoto Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    Very nicely done! Great capture in all of these.
    LT
    Sony A700&VG; KM 7D&VG; KM 5D; Min 28-75/2.8; 50/1.7; Tammie 17-50/2.8; Tammie 90/2.8 Macro; Min 80-200/2.8; and Min 300/2.8, two flashes, and a couple of other accessories.
  • stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    These look great, I think the saturation is done tastefully and not overdone as some people will do...The only thing I can suggest is that you be careful with your crops. As a general rule with sports photography it is fine to crop a body part out of the frame but you never want to do so at a joint...so no cropping the ankle, knee, elbow, waist etc...draws the eye too much to "what's missing".
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
  • luisferfrancoluisferfranco Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2006
    The only thing I can suggest is that you be careful with your crops. As a general rule with sports photography it is fine to crop a body part out of the frame but you never want to do so at a joint...so no cropping the ankle, knee, elbow, waist etc...draws the eye too much to "what's missing".

I didn't know that. That's pretty interesting, I'll be more careful next time. I think there is a reason when we talk about the ankle, knee and elbow... but... is that too bad to crop at the waist level? Specially running backs, or receivers when they have the ball?

Thanks for your comments!