Neon idea

vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited September 25, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Saw this at a car sale room & thought the colours looked quite "Neon" like.

97522969-M-1.jpg

I want to make the colours glow more, but not sure how to. Any ideas?

Used a PS effect & made the edges Glow, which is more Neon like. but again it doesn't glow enough.

97522974-M.jpg

Would appreciate suggestions as to how to "glow" these up

Thanks
Nicola
Iconic Creative
http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
Raghu Rai

Comments

• vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    Here's another try. Its quite ps'd. Not sure if that's allowed

97544656-M.jpg
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    With the PS'd version you could try to adjust the filter to make the liines thicker, skew with the saturation and luminosity etc...

The third version is interesting. I like that you kept the details like the bolts and what not.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    Here's an example:
    Create a new layer then go to Filter/Stylize/Glowing Edges. When the preview comes up you have 3 choices/degrees of line thickness, smoothness and brightness. I played around a bit with this one as well as creating another layer for Hue/Saturation (really went big on the percentages here), and a layer for Curves (again, big movements). You can also do several other effects by choosing the drop down list (little tab where it says "normal"). There may be some who use PS for the entry but I'm going to try and do a clean shoot without manipulation (other than the standard clean up the image/color, etc.).

The possibilities are endless! I did this with my motorcycle shot last year....looks cool but wifey didn't like it...Laughing.gif!

97562710-L.jpg
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Cyber6Cyber6 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    I LOVE that one Swarty !!! thumb.gif

Gosh .. I have sooo much to learn. :cry

C.
    ~~ Never argue with an idiot -- he will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.~~
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    I think going back and reshooting the original is worth the trip. (get the sun behind your back when you shoot)

Definately fits the theme now grab a shot that really pops!