Elina (4 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited September 25, 2006 in People
Sorry for such a ... pause... dear friends!
Again natural light and a try to make different style's results (she liked 30x45 cm prints).
1 She took this golden dress with her:
4185.jpg
2 You can see me there... :-)
4186.jpg
3 How do you like it? (6-8 hours with hairdresser)
4187.jpg
4 b&w
4188.jpg

Must say this work was not so easy - had to do much in PS with skin...
This work was very interesting, in particular cause of these difficulties...
Your thoughts?
Spasibo (In Russian Thank you)
Yuri

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    Yuri,
    You know, I'm a great fan of yours, but... nothing hits the bell this time. ne_nau.gif
    I don't know what it is - wrong pose, wrong hairdo, wrong dress... Nothing, not even the nude shot, makes the connection ...
    Truly sorry to say that...:cry
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • AfterImageAfterImage Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    wrong hairdo

That hit me first.
    She is a pretty model, the photo's are technically wonderful, but I get locked up on the hair eek7.gif
    I learned your love for life,
    I feel your presence...
    I remember

SLAMA Photography
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    You know, I'm a great fan of yours, but... nothing hits the bell this time. ne_nau.gif
    I don't know what it is - wrong pose, wrong hairdo, wrong dress... Nothing, not even the nude shot, makes the connection ...
    Truly sorry to say that...:cry
    Never mind, Nikolai!
    Imagine - this girl with a face that 'doesnt hit the bell' and VERY big skin problems nevertheless spends 6-8 hours to become better (as she thinks), doing her hair.
    Then she (being embarrassed) with eyes down comes to me and asks 'Yuri Nikolajevich - can you make a portrait of me?' being ready for refusing from my side...
    Yes, my 'No, I'm very busy, maybe later...' was a way to have no problems... But! It was a challenge!
    Can I?
    And as her eyes were filled with HAPPINESS when she got her four prints - I'm sure I did it!
    Of course, these photos maybe of not such interest to you, but I shared them to say to you all: "Absolutely every person is beautiful and we must find this beauty and show in our photogrphs..."
    That will be my answer...
    Spasibo, my dear friend for your critique,
    Yuri
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    Yuri, if she was happy after seeing her photos then you did your job. She's not a pretty girl and the hair is horrid. You did capture "her" though and that's the photographer's job.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Yuri,
    Never mind, Nikolai!
    Imagine - this girl with a face that 'doesnt hit the bell' and VERY big skin problems nevertheless spends 6-8 hours to become better (as she thinks), doing her hair.
    Then she (being embarrassed) with eyes down comes to me and asks 'Yuri Nikolajevich - can you make a portrait of me?' being ready for refusing from my side...
    Yes, my 'No, I'm very busy, maybe later...' was a way to have no problems... But! It was a challenge!
    Can I?
    And as her eyes were filled with HAPPINESS when she got her four prints - I'm sure I did it!
    Of course, these photos maybe of not such interest to you, but I shared them to say to you all: "Absolutely every person is beautiful and we must find this beauty and show in our photogrphs..."
    That will be my answer...
    Spasibo, my dear friend for your critique,
    Yuri

Thanks for the detailed info!
    And if she liked it - that's what counts:-)thumb.gif
    My kudos to you about the skin - would never even thought there was a problem..

BTW, if you don't mind my asking, what's this place with pillars? That cinema theater you've mentioned that was "under repair"? It looks like you've been using it for the last few sessions, is it safe?

Cheers! :-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks for the detailed info!
    And if she liked it - that's what counts:-)thumb.gif
    My kudos to you about the skin - would never even thought there was a problem..

BTW, if you don't mind my asking, what's this place with pillars? That cinema theater you've mentioned that was "under repair"? It looks like you've been using it for the last few sessions, is it safe?

Cheers! :-)

You're absolutely right, my friend!
    Maybe time has come to visit Voronezh, a?
    Poka ne zapustili billiard v nashem kino....
    Spasibo,
    Yuri