Options

Aperture 1.5...where's Smugmug??

JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
http://www.apple.com/aperture/resources/exportapi.html
You can use these export plug-ins to expand your workflow. Following installation, Aperture automatically senses their presence and adds them to the Export menu, letting you take advantage of a wide range of additional services. For example, once you’ve installed the export plug-ins, Aperture immediately lets you:

Submit individual or groups of images to such stock agencies as iStockphoto
Store images online — on Photoshelter, for example — where they’re accessible to you 24/7 regardless of your location
Market your wedding photography business to thousands of prospective clients on Pictage.com
Transfer images to Digital Fusion for high-end post-production work — e.g., scanning, retouching, printing
Sell images directly through such online commercial services as PhotoShelter

How come Smugmug isn't listed? Flickr is.

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    JohnR wrote:

Apparently Apple doesn't love us. They never told us about it or asked. :(

But sounds like it'd be a cinch for one of you hackers to whip up something using our API and theirs. :)

Don
  • Options
    PsykologyPsykology Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 26, 2006
    JohnR wrote:

I've been LOVING Aperture since the 1.1 update and I'm rediculously excited about the changes being brought forth in 1.5. I would be VERY VERY VERY excited to see a way to interact with smugmug right inside Aperture, and I'm sure many other Aperture users would as well. :D
  • Options
    happy-imphappy-imp Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    This HAS to be made!!!
    This looks like such an easy thing. It HAS to be made!!! I'll throw money at someone to make this even. Wish I had a lot, but heck, $20 easy thumb.gif

Need help testing? I'm here!!!!
  • Options
    PsykologyPsykology Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 3, 2006
    happy-imp wrote:
    This looks like such an easy thing. It HAS to be made!!! I'll throw money at someone to make this even. Wish I had a lot, but heck, $20 easy thumb.gif

Need help testing? I'm here!!!!

I would gladly pay for a plugin that was extensive. If there was a plugin that allowed me to do everything I can already do in smugmug from a browser, but do it with aperture and have aperture communicating with smugmug's servers, it would be a match made in heaven. What smugmug user with aperture wouldn't drop another $50 to have such a time saving tool.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2006
    Aperture SDK released!!!
    Apple has released the SDK! Now work can begin! Yay!!!! clap.gif

https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/getSoftware?bundleID=19676
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2006
    oh man, if I had apperature I'd start working on a plugin today... that's just the sort of coding project I've been looking for. :(
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    DougOnecentDougOnecent Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2006
    Coming Soon...
    I posted this in another thread about the features people would like in the plugin; but I just wanted to let you know that I am in the beginning phases of creating a Aperture plugin for SmugMug. I would love to hear other suggestions of features that users would like to see included. Based on my preliminary look at the API it will only allow for exporting from Aperture, not importing.

Sincerely,
    D Penny
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    I would love to see create new gallery, replace image on Smugmug, sync, add keynotes, captions, etc. Basically I would like to see the API fully utilized, and be able to do as much as possible from within Aperture on Smugmug (like Live Smugmug Albums and Smart Albums etc).
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    pronvitpronvit Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    I'm working on aperture plugin now.. I think beta version will be available later today or tomorrow
  • Options
    photaographerphotaographer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 6, 2006
    Aperture Plug-In
    THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Yes, we need this Aperture plug in. I'm so excited to be able to test it out! It will definitely change my life :-)
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2006
    I'll post link when it's ready.
    However obviously don't expect much functionality from first beta.. more features will be available later
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2006
    All Right!
    Can't wait to have this one. I can throw out a few basic feature requests, too.

Select export preset (size, quality, color profile)
    select gallery
    create new gallery with ability to set gallery options

I have simple needs right now for now. Something that works, and works reliably is all I need!
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2006
    happy-imp wrote:
    Can't wait to have this one. I can throw out a few basic feature requests, too.

Select export preset (size, quality, color profile)
    select gallery
    create new gallery with ability to set gallery options

I have simple needs right now for now. Something that works, and works reliably is all I need!

have you seen this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=46674 ?

here are 3 threads about plugin, this seems to confuse visitors
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    Apparently Apple doesn't love us. They never told us about it or asked. :(

But sounds like it'd be a cinch for one of you hackers to whip up something using our API and theirs. :)

Don

Sorry to drag this up, but I thought I remembered you saying this Don.

how does that square with this:
    “We had already had discussions with SmugMug who couldn’t work directly with us, due to an existing marketing program with another company, but that doesn’t prohibit an independent developer from using our SDK to make things happen,”
    SmugMug currently collaborates with Adobe to allow Photoshop Elements 5.0 users a simple way to share photos
    http://www.macworld.co.uk/procreative/news/index.cfm?newsid=16782&pagtype=allchandate
    headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    JohnR wrote:
    Sorry to drag this up, but I thought I remembered you saying this Don.

how does that square with this:
    headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    Not sure what your question is?
    There's a sweet plugin by pronvit now for Aperture deal.gif
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I think the question (which I had too, but hadn't thought to ask) is how the two quotes jive together... they basically boil down to:

SmugMug: "Apparently Apple doesn't love us. They never told us about it or asked."

Apple: "We had already had discussions with SmugMug who couldn’t work directly with us, due to an existing marketing program with another company"

headscratch.gif

I guess the further question is: who decided that was a restriction? Did Apple decide SmugMug wasn't someone they wanted to deal with because SmugMug was already working with Adobe? Or does something in SmugMug's deal with Adobe prevent them from working with Apple.

(and yeah, Don, I'm pretty sure you couldn't answer that even if you wanted to... :) It's just one of those idle questions those of us rabid followers of both companies want to know, but will have to learn to live without I expect.)
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2006
    Cabby is exactly right. That's what I was talking about.

Not accusing just asking.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    There's a sweet plugin by pronvit now for Aperture deal.gif

Oh..and I prefer this one. mwink.gif:D

http://davidholmes.org/aperture-to-smugmug/