Question for Photoshop CS2 users and D70s oweners

freeway66freeway66 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 26, 2006 in Finishing School
I am new to this forum and CS2. I recently upgraded from Photoshop Eliments 3 to CS2. Before when I plugged in my card it would direct my photos to My Pictures now in CS2 that option is no longer avaiable. Where and how is the best place to open the photos?

Part two of my question is PSD files. I have been trying to burn a PSD file on to a CD. First I open the CD burner and drag the file on to it press the button nothing happens. If I convert the PSD to Jep it works . What is the proper way to burn PSD files.
Thanks

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    Downloader Pro
    freeway66 wrote:
    I am new to this forum and CS2. I recently upgraded from Photoshop Eliments 3 to CS2. Before when I plugged in my card it would direct my photos to My Pictures now in CS2 that option is no longer avaiable. Where and how is the best place to open the photos?

Part two of my question is PSD files. I have been trying to burn a PSD file on to a CD. First I open the CD burner and drag the file on to it press the button nothing happens. If I convert the PSD to Jep it works . What is the proper way to burn PSD files.
    Thanks

When I upgraded from Elements 3 to CS2, I bought Downloader Pro from Breeze Systems and now use it as my image downloader. It has some really nice features that can auto prompt me for a job name when I insert my CF card in the card reader and then auto-create named and dated directories as it downloads. I highly recommend this program. Those who know me know I have high standards for software and Downloader Pro is a very good program.

As for burning PSD files to a CD, there is absolutely no conceptual difference in burning a PSD file, a JPEG file, and EXE file or a TXT file. To the burning software, they are just files and you should be able to treat them all the same. I can't tell you why your burning software is misbehaving in this regard.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    Hello Freeway 66 wave.gif welcome to dgrin!

I think jfriend has the right idea as far as the downloading program goes.

The CD burning issue is odd. Are you using a certain program to burn CDs or are you just using Windows Explorer (or the Mac equivalent)?