my blog is too popular

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited September 25, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I know it's often recommended here to start a blog and link to your site to help in the search engine ratings. Anyone else had their blog get so popular that it now shows above your actual website listing in google? My SM website used to be number one when I'd search "pete springer photography"-- just noticed it's number three now :cry the first two are my blog listings!

Alright, alright-- life is rough, right? Yeah, I link from the blog to my website (and ironically, I DON'T link from the website to my blog). I don't promote my blog at all-- but somehow google still likes it more than my website. Oh the mysteries of google... :scratch

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    Well, like you say, "does it really matter?" One thing I don't notice is, a link to your website from your blog? Like in the navbar, or prominent up top?
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2006
    good idea
    Andy wrote:
    Well, like you say, "does it really matter?" One thing I don't notice is, a link to your website from your blog? Like in the navbar, or prominent up top?

I link in the text of the blog-- but you're right. I'll figure a way to link somewhere else too. If all my "how do I customize my website" questions here haven't clued you in, I'm not much of a computer code dude! I started the blog based on the recommendations here, to help drive traffic to my SM website, which it does. But I'm still crossing my fingers for the ol' Smugmug/Wordpress integration that doesn't require an account on another server... hint, hint mwink.gif Maybe Santa will bring that in December?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+