Options

Unique Photo Creation Ideas

dawsondawson Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited September 27, 2011 in The Big Picture
I would like for people to share their ideas for cool stuff to do with all those photos. Here is one of my ideas:

12606596-M.jpg

I’ve have some 4-7 year olds that just love these things. Guaranteed to keep them quiet for at least an hour. It is a homemade picture puzzle. Construction consists of getting some 1 inch wooden blocks available at most craft stores, cutting up six 4x6 photos into one inch squares and pasting them on the blocks. I typically do some serious cropping as to just use a 3x3 area of the 4x6.

I’ve got two of them pictured above. Kids love to manipulate things and enjoy pictures of them selves and family. They are not as easy to solve for young ones as you might think because 9 blocks with 6 sides has quite a few possibilities.

Your turn now. Give up some ideas!

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    That is soooo cool, I know some adult children who would like those, too. And inexpensive.

Do you use photos you have printed, or do you have them printed? Do you use a large cutter to get the size right? Or just sizzors (sp). Crazy glue?

Again, that is really a great idea! I bet it is marketed somewhere for "serious"
    money. If not, patent it quickly.

Thanks, ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    dawsondawson Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is soooo cool, I know some adult children who would like those, too. And inexpensive.

Do you use photos you have printed, or do you have them printed? Do you use a large cutter to get the size right? Or just sizzors (sp). Crazy glue?

Again, that is really a great idea! I bet it is marketed somewhere for "serious"
    money. If not, patent it quickly.

Thanks, ginger

I have all my photos printed at either smugmug or Ritz but I don't see why ones own prints wouldn't work. I use a paper trimmer to cut the images you can get a small one that will handle 4x6 and even 5x7 at an office supply store for around $10. I just use plain ordinary white glue not to sure how it will hold up over very long periods of time though but seems to do well over at least short periods of time.

Glad you like it and hope you can make someone's day by making one and giving it to them.

Got any ideas to share Ginger?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    Great idea, Dawson!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Smiling SamuraiSmiling Samurai Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 27, 2011
    That is a very cool and inexpensive idea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I plan to use that in one of my meets, and for amusing xmas presents!
    Cheers
    Mark