Is there a limit to the amount of html you can put into an html-only gallery.

krh100krh100 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
edited September 30, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I don't know how I keep getting myself into trouble. I have this html-only gallery that I'm loading a couple of tables in to. Here is the way that it's displaying: http://www.ehsladywolves.com/gallery/1882267 I'm trying to edit the gallery but now when I click on the "edit" the code goes away and I have nothing to edit. Can someone please help me out.

The problem gallery should look like this just more lines in the tables: http://www.ehsladywolves.com/gallery/1882438

thanks

Kent

p.s. the html is just text and tables!

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    I noticed the other day that when I went back into my bio some of the html
    codes were missing. I was adding spaces using "&nbsp" and ever time back
    in (edit) they disappeared. The spaces did show when I save but if I went
    back in to edit, gone. I just copy the whole bio to a text file and paste back
    in when editing.

So it seems like some html code will disappear when picking edit.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    krh100 wrote:
    p.s. the html is just text and tables!
    It's actually more than text and tables. You have also declared heads and bodies.... You should not be doing this.

When creating a html only page, just use <*html> bla bla bla bla bla <*/html> and not <*html><*head>bla bla<*/head><*body>bla bla<*/body><*/body><*/html> (ignore the stars, please)

When editing, I do see all the text show up in the editing window actually. What browser are you using?
  • krh100krh100 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    ivar wrote:
    It's actually more than text and tables. You have also declared heads and bodies.... You should not be doing this.

When creating a html only page, just use <*html> bla bla bla bla bla <*/html> and not <*html><*head>bla bla<*/head><*body>bla bla<*/body><*/body><*/html> (ignore the stars, please)

When editing, I do see all the text show up in the editing window actually. What browser are you using?

Hi Ivar,

IE 6.0 is the browser.

This header/body stuff is good to know. Frontpage must be putting it in. I went in and deleted: http://www.ehsladywolves.com/gallery/1882267. I managed to get the tables to display but now the sides don't line up, they are overlapping the size of my header.

Is there a limit on how long this page can be? Do you know how wide the particular template I'm using is? I try to keep everything withing 723 pix...
    krh100 wrote:
    Hi Ivar,

IE 6.0 is the browser.

This header/body stuff is good to know. Frontpage must be putting it in. I went in and deleted: http://www.ehsladywolves.com/gallery/1882267. I managed to get the tables to display but now the sides don't line up, they are overlapping the size of my header.

Is there a limit on how long this page can be? Do you know how wide the particular template I'm using is? I try to keep everything withing 723 pix...
    That's the problem with wysiwyg editors such as Frontpage, they produce a lot of crap that doesn't need to be there. Looking at the code, It could probably reduced to about 20% of what you have now, if it would be cleaned up properly.

Also in IE6 I can see all the text fine btw, what do you see? As far as i know, there is no limit on the amount of code that can be put in.

Also, this is put in in your code:
    <div id="bodyWrapper">
        <div class="[COLOR=Red]journal galleryPage gallery_1882438 category_Other loggedIn bodyColor_Black" id="journal"[/COLOR]>
            <div id="[COLOR=Red]albumDescription[/COLOR]">
                <p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" align="center"><b>
                <font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#3d7a1b" size="4">2006 FALL LEAGUE 
                SCORES</font></b></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal" style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" align="center"><b>
                <font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#3d7a1b" size="4">LEVEL A</font></b></div>
        </div>
    </div>

which definitely should not be in there like that.
    ivar wrote:
    That's the problem with wysiwyg editors such as Frontpage, they produce a lot of crap that doesn't need to be there. Looking at the code, It could probably reduced to about 20% of what you have now, if it would be cleaned up properly.

Also in IE6 I can see all the text fine btw, what do you see? As far as i know, there is no limit on the amount of code that can be put in.

Also, this is put in in your code: <div id="bodyWrapper">
    <div class="journal galleryPage gallery_1882438 category_Other loggedIn bodyColor_Black" id="journal">
    which definitely should not be in there like that.

Ivar,

Here is what I see, bad cut and paste but you can see the jagged edge that does not match up. I seem to have several of pages (galleries) where they overlap like this.

Can I just delete the bodywrapper code you point out? I'm a newbie and I really don't know it's purpose anyway...
    krh100 wrote:
    Ivar,

Here is what I see, bad cut and paste but you can see the jagged edge that does not match up. I seem to have several of pages (galleries) where they overlap like this.

Can I just delete the bodywrapper code you point out? I'm a newbie and I really don't know it's purpose anyway...
    I made a few changes, check to see if it works better now?
    edited September 30, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    I made a few changes, check to see if it works better now?

Thanks Ivar,

What changes did you make? I have others I need to fix...