Focal Length Comparison for Lens Shoppers

ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
edited September 26, 2006 in Cameras
I've seen a couple of people ask about the differences between different focal lengths (the strength of a lens measured in millimeters, 50mm for example) in this forum. Posting photos at different focal lengths doesn't help unless you can see them side by side, and as I don't feel like taking shots with all my lenses and posting them, I went looking. Tamron has a nice site where you can see different focal lenths compared. There's even a button to see the difference between 35mm and digital. Have fun:

Focal Length Comparison
Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
http://esiggins.smugmug.com

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited September 26, 2006
    ESiggins wrote:
    I've seen a couple of people ask about the differences between different focal lengths (the strength of a lens measured in millimeters, 50mm for example) in this forum. Posting photos at different focal lengths doesn't help unless you can see them side by side, and as I don't feel like taking shots with all my lenses and posting them, I went looking. Tamron has a nice site where you can see different focal lenths compared. There's even a button to see the difference between 35mm and digital. Have fun:

Focal Length Comparison

Pretty cool!

I also suggest taking your own lenses, in same and different situations, and creating a sample set of images for yourself. It really helps to identify strengths and weaknesses in your own equipment and gain you valuable experience as well.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums