Holy move macro

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited September 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm trying to move all photos from one album to another and it's SLOWWWW. I think I'm getting about 4 per minute and I have 800 or so going.

I need everyone to stop working for about half hour so mine will finish :thumb

Comments

• 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    Is there a tennis match going on somewhere? rolleyes1.gif
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Could you have renamed the gallery?
    kc7dji wrote:
    I'm trying to move all photos from one album to another and it's SLOWWWW. I think I'm getting about 4 per minute and I have 800 or so going.

I need everyone to stop working for about half hour so mine will finish thumb.gif

Would it have been an option to just rename the gallery the photos were in or change it's category rather than physically move the photos to a new gallery?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    Well the problem with that is the gallery number still exist so if you want to really "hide" an album you have to make a new non-public album and move your photos to the new album and delete the old. If anyone had the link to the original album they can still get to it even if it's non-public and I want it to appear as though it doesn't exist. Hope that made sense.

jfriend wrote:
    Would it have been an option to just rename the gallery the photos were in or change it's category rather than physically move the photos to a new gallery?
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Got it
    kc7dji wrote:
    Well the problem with that is the gallery number still exist so if you want to really "hide" an album you have to make a new non-public album and move your photos to the new album and delete the old. If anyone had the link to the original album they can still get to it even if it's non-public and I want it to appear as though it doesn't exist. Hope that made sense.

Got it. You could make it private and add a password. That will hide its existence from anyone who didn't know about it previously, prevent search engines from indexing it and stop anyone from getting in who previously had the URL. You yourself won't be bothered with the password if you are logged in.

But, I agree, if you just want to hide the content, it's cleanest to put it in a new gallery.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    my goodness. I'm getting bent out of shape now. It's been hours and it's on photo 395 now. :bash
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    kc7dji wrote:
    my goodness. I'm getting bent out of shape now. It's been hours and it's on photo 395 now. :bash
    Shouldn't take that long. What steps did you use to make the move?
    Andy,

I just used the "move photos" option and selected all photos then selected the gallery I wanted them to move too. Looks like it died because it hasn't moved off of 395 in a while. I'm going to do it again on the remaining photos and I'll let ya know what happens.

mwink.gif
    Andy wrote:
    Shouldn't take that long. What steps did you use to make the move?
    Andy,

Something is going on here. Now when I try to move the remaining photos and choose Move Photos, I get to the screen and select all, now the gallery that I created "kris original backup" is no longer in the dropdown list so I cannot select it. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif