My 1st Football Game of Season

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited September 27, 2006 in Sports
Here are a few shots from my first football shoot of the year.......thanks for looking, comments welcome. John

94436873-M.jpg
94437849-M.jpg
94438341-M.jpg
94389384-M.jpg
94442244-M.jpg

Comments

• CalexPhotoCalexPhoto Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2006
    Very Nice pics! Nice capture of the action and anticipation. #2 is my fave. Thanks for sharing.
    note to self - next time stay for the older kid's games!11doh.gif
    LT
    Sony A700&VG; KM 7D&VG; KM 5D; Min 28-75/2.8; 50/1.7; Tammie 17-50/2.8; Tammie 90/2.8 Macro; Min 80-200/2.8; and Min 300/2.8, two flashes, and a couple of other accessories.
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2006
    Very nice shots.
    Good timing.

Some minor suggestions: shots 1-3 could use a little work lightening the faces

Shot 5 is a nice shot, but if you plan ahead of time for your quarterback profiles, try to be a bit more ahead of him, so you can see his eyes better. Seeing his eyes will improve this type of shot and you usually have many opportunities in the game to get it.

Still, excellent job - like the framing, colors and good job blurring your backgrounds!
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    CalexPhoto wrote:
    Very Nice pics! Nice capture of the action and anticipation. #2 is my fave. Thanks for sharing.
    note to self - next time stay for the older kid's games!11doh.gif

Thanks LT, #2 is actually one of my favorites from the day too. ANd the older kids can be a little easier to shoot in that they are more predictable and generally go where you think they are going to go. They are definitely faster though!!
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    johng wrote:
    Very nice shots.
    Good timing.

Some minor suggestions: shots 1-3 could use a little work lightening the faces

Shot 5 is a nice shot, but if you plan ahead of time for your quarterback profiles, try to be a bit more ahead of him, so you can see his eyes better. Seeing his eyes will improve this type of shot and you usually have many opportunities in the game to get it.

Still, excellent job - like the framing, colors and good job blurring your backgrounds!

Thanks JohnG, I did do some face lightening but did not want to overdo it. They look good on my home monitor and in print. Maybe I'll try to go a little lighter on the next batch.

I do wish #5 was little more head on. I do have a nice full face shot of the QB here:
    94441769-M.jpg