Options

APIs request

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
Several users already mentioned this, so I'd like to make it "official":-)
Need the API to perform the following tasks:
  • getAlbumStatistics (albumid): struct
  • getImageStatistics (imageid): struct
  • createCategory (title, existingok: boolean = TRUE): categoryid or -1
  • createSubCategory (categoryid, title, existingok: boolean = TRUE): subcategoryid or -1
Also, for syncronization purposes, we need to extend both Upload methods to be able to REPLACE existing image instead of adding a new copy - filename (w/o path) should be the key (case insensitive, if possible:-). Optional parameter in the end of regular upload, and similarly named variable in the multipart one...

Don, I understand you have other priorities, but I would really appreciate your comments and possible ETAs

Thanks!:thumb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    Nikolai wrote:
    Several users already mentioned this, so I'd like to make it "official":-)
    Need the API to perform the following tasks:
    • getAlbumStatistics (albumid): struct
    • getImageStatistics (imageid): struct
    • createCategory (title, existingok: boolean = TRUE): categoryid or -1
    • createSubCategory (categoryid, title, existingok: boolean = TRUE): subcategoryid or -1

These are coming. With the holidays, though, I wouldn't hold my breath. Things are going to be both busy and slow around here.
    Nikolai wrote:
    Also, for syncronization purposes, we need to extend both Upload methods to be able to REPLACE existing image instead of adding a new copy - filename (w/o path) should be the key (case insensitive, if possible:-). Optional parameter in the end of regular upload, and similarly named variable in the multipart one...

Don, I understand you have other priorities, but I would really appreciate your comments and possible ETAs

Thanks!thumb.gif

This, though, isn't so easy. smugmug doesn't support this across any of our architecture levels at the moment, so it's a much bigger deal than just extending the upload methods. I definitely wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

(If you want to fake it, you can upload a new image, and then set it to the position of the old image using the existing API. External links won't work properly, of course, but normally viewing the gallery would look like it'd been replaced. We need a delete method, but that's also coming.).

Don
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    Awesome!
    Thank you very much, Don, I really appreciate the feedback!
    onethumb wrote:
    If you want to fake it, you can upload a new image, and then set it to the position of the old image using the existing API. External links won't work properly, of course, but normally viewing the gallery would look like it'd been replaced. We need a delete method, but that's also coming.
    I got it, thank you, I see how it can work...
    A bit cumbersome though, also requires quite some roundtrips: for every image find if it's there, delete, upload, and finally change the position...
    Probably will park the whole sync idea for now, unless there is some very rich investor, who's just dying to have this feature..;-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"