Can you ride a bike?

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited October 1, 2006 in People
Simon O'Brien - BMX Wheelie

one.gifSimon-O_Brien-BMX-Wheelie-IMG_7267.jpg
one.gif
Full photo: http://www.digital-photo.com.au/... ...-O_Brien-BMX-Wheelie-IMG_7267.jpg.html

Vincent Pugh - BMX Front wheel stand

one.gifVincent-Pugh-BMX-Front-wheel-stand-IMG_7290.jpg
one.gif
Full photo: http://www.digital-photo.com.au/... ...MX-Front-wheel-stand-IMG_7290.jpg.html

Today City of Sydney has organised a Bike EXPO at Martin Place. There was information about bicycles and advice on the best routes to cycle around the city or to work. On show were also plans the City of Sydney has for the city to make it really bike-friendly city through its ten year Cycle Strategy. These plans aim to build a cycle network throughout the city and increase cycling by 500 per cent. Underlying reasons for the expo were promotion of environment protection, energy preservation, health and traffic congestion.

There was also show performed by top BMX riders Simon O’Brien and Vincent Pugh (pictured above). Visit my bike expo photographic gallery to see more images of this amazing show.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 27, 2006
    cool shots, Ted.

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any rear brakes on those bikes. It's been a while since I was into the street-riding scence, have things changed? Are they riding fixed gears? At least one guy on the yellow bike definitely has very low trials gearing on that bike. Never seen that on a "freestyle" street ride either.

Man, now I feel old. umph.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• chuckicechuckice Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    cool shots, Ted.

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any rear brakes on those bikes. It's been a while since I was into the street-riding scence, have things changed? Are they riding fixed gears? At least one guy on the yellow bike definitely has very low trials gearing on that bike. Never seen that on a "freestyle" street ride either.

Man, now I feel old. umph.gif

Pretty sure that most BMX trixsters ride fixies now...I love riding my road fixie but no wheelies. :nah
    Charles
    http://www.SnortingBullPhoto.com
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/cherskowitz
    "There's no reason to hurry on this climb...as long as you keep the tempo at the right speed the riders will fall back."
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2006
    The bikes are fixed ratio low gearing ones. This helps with tricks and balancing the bike. I also found out that the bikes feature in these photos cost in thousands of dollars.
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2006
    Cool ...but I think I am too old now ne_nau.gif

But I still can ride a unicycle...learned when I was a kid
    Now my kids make fun of me when I ride it :D

Fred
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2006
    Great shots Ted :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 1, 2006
    The bikes are fixed ratio low gearing ones. This helps with tricks and balancing the bike. I also found out that the bikes feature in these photos cost in thousands of dollars.
    the former is rather interesting - I remember a few tricks that would be pretty tough on a fixie, this must be very close-quarters/exhibition type stuff, not real street riding, interesting. And the latter, not surprised at all, most specialty bikes are. nod.gif

thanks Ted.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]