Can you copy a gallery to another category?

tmanchestertmanchester Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited September 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I tried to search for this but couldn't find an answer.

Let's say I have a gallery of halftime dancers in my football category (or sub cat.) I have customers that are looking in the dance category, can't find it, and give up.

Is there a way to copy an entire gallery to a new category, but leave the orig copy where it is?

How about moving an entire gallery completely (not in original category anymore)?

Thanks.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2006
    Reupload 2nd copy or change category
    I tried to search for this but couldn't find an answer.

Let's say I have a gallery of halftime dancers in my football category (or sub cat.) I have customers that are looking in the dance category, can't find it, and give up.

Is there a way to copy an entire gallery to a new category, but leave the orig copy where it is?

How about moving an entire gallery completely (not in original category anymore)?

Thanks.

You can just change the category on an existing gallery by opening the gallery and going to the "customize gallery" screen and changing the category.

You cannot copy a whole gallery. When I want a gallery or a set of images to appear in more than one place, I just upload them twice. You can use Make 2nd Copy on each image, creating dups in a given gallery and then individually move all of those to a new gallery, but I find it easier to just re-upload a 2nd copy.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    I have customers that are looking in the dance category, can't find it, and give up.
    You could "feature" the gallery so it shows up on your home page.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Another idea...
    richW wrote:
    You could "feature" the gallery so it shows up on your home page.

That's a good idea.

One could also make an pointer gallery in a different category and put an HTML description on that gallery that contains a link to the gallery you have today, so if that's where they were looking, they'd see the pointer gallery, click on the link in it's desription and be viewing the images.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question