silly picture viewing problem and question!

nicolecesnicoleces Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi there!

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out/tell me I'm being ridiculous.
I find that with a lot of my photos, once I have linked them out a couple times (such as giving out simply the image location, not my specific smugmug gallery that it's in), I am not longer able to view the specific size of the photo.

For example, this particularily silly and awful photo of a gorilla playing leg guitar:

The Small photo is viewable and loads up immediately, as does the Large large size, but when I attempt to view it in Medium it fails to load.

I'm not sure if this is just my computer, but it's happened with quite a few of my photos. Medium is the size that I usually view, so I'm not sure if certain... traffic on a specific photo and size has something to do with this.
This sometimes happens even without having them linked in other places, but the specific photos have been viewed more than others.

If anyone has any ideas, knows anything about this, or can help, it would certainly be appreciated!! I wish I didn't have to ask such silly questions, but I just don't know what's going on!

Thank you.

Comments

• dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    nicoleces wrote:
    Hi there!

I find that with a lot of my photos, once I have linked them out a couple times (such as giving out simply the image location, not my specific smugmug gallery that it's in), I am not longer able to view the specific size of the photo.

For example, this particularily silly and awful photo of a gorilla playing leg guitar:

The Small photo is viewable and loads up immediately, as does the Large large size, but when I attempt to view it in Medium it fails to load.

I'm not sure if this is just my computer, but it's happened with quite a few of my photos. Medium is the size that I usually view, so I'm not sure if certain... traffic on a specific photo and size has something to do with this.
    This sometimes happens even without having them linked in other places, but the specific photos have been viewed more than others.

If anyone has any ideas, knows anything about this, or can help, it would certainly be appreciated!! I wish I didn't have to ask such silly questions, but I just don't know what's going on!

Thank you.

I can see the medium pic... try hitting re-load after selecting the "medium" link...
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Browser cache corrupted?
    nicoleces wrote:
    Hi there!

Thank you.

It sounds to me like it could be your browser cache corrupted. Try clearing your whole browser cache. If you have a particularly large cache size set, you might try reducing the cache size in case it's somehow related to how many images in the cache.

You can conclusively figure out whether it's your browser or not by trying a problem image on the same image from your same computer, but in a different browser. Both Opera and Firefox are free downloads nowadays. If it works in the other browser, then it's highly likely it's a problem with your local browser. If it doesn't work on the other browser, then it's probably something more external, which could range from your computer's firewall or security software, to your ISPs proxies to an issue at Smugmug.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    wave.gif hi, yes please try what the others have suggested, if you still have difficulties let us know at help@smugmug.com thanks!