Can't understand gallery theme

sserrasserra Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited September 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've read it over and over...I don't understand about setting gallery themes. And, if I want to join a community, does every theme have to be set separately? I tried bulk settings, and assigning a name to a set of gallery options, which I've done, and have selected sand and then called it a new name, but in my "something different" gallery at susan serra_ _photography . com (no underscores).

Again, I read the page on customizing the galleries over and over and thought a bulk save setting with a specific name should do the trick. What am I missing? :scratch

oh, sorry, I put this in the wrong forum!

Comments

• sserrasserra Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    sserra wrote:
    I've read it over and over...I don't understand about setting gallery themes. And, if I want to join a community, does every theme have to be set separately? I tried bulk settings, and assigning a name to a set of gallery options, which I've done, and have selected sand and then called it a new name, but in my "something different" gallery at susan serra_ _photography . com (no underscores).

Again, I read the page on customizing the galleries over and over and thought a bulk save setting with a specific name should do the trick. What am I missing? headscratch.gif

oh, sorry, I put this in the wrong forum!

help.....now all my pricing went away.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    sserra wrote:
    I've read it over and over...I don't understand about setting gallery themes.
    Themes are set on a sitewide basis (in your control panel) and may be overridden on a homepage/category basis and a gallery basis. For example, here on my demo site: http://andydemo.smgumug.com I have carbonite as the theme for default, for the site.

But here, I chose, "fuchsia"
    http://andydemo.smugmug.com/gallery/1931195

You can apply any theme you like :D
    And, if I want to join a community, does every theme have to be set separately?
    No, you do not. But some communities, when you associate a gallery with that community, your gallery might take on the look/feel of the community. Depends, and that's a community owner's choice.
    sserra wrote:
    help.....now all my pricing went away.
    Give me a gallery link please and I'll investigate your pricing. Thanks!
    Andy wrote:
    Give me a gallery link please and I'll investigate your pricing. Thanks!
    oh, thanks, i don't know why I can't cut/paste the link in here....

I don't see any prices at all.
    sserra wrote:
    oh, thanks, i don't know why I can't cut/paste the link in here....

ok that's a link to your site. Are you saying that all your galleries have no pricing?
    sserra wrote:
    So your landscapes gallery, you have printing turned OFF in the gallery customization. Turn that on, and prints will be available for purchase. Check all your galleries for that setting :D

and here's how you set your prices:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
    Andy wrote:
    So your landscapes gallery, you have printing turned OFF in the gallery customization. Turn that on, and prints will be available for purchase. Check all your galleries for that setting :D

and here's how you set your prices:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

Thank you, I had done all the prices, does that mean they are all gone? :cry
    sserra wrote:
    Thank you, I had done all the prices, does that mean they are all gone? :cry
    No. Set your galleries for print, check in your logged out browser, you should be fine :D