RSS and Firefox 1.5.0.7 broken?

DennisDennis Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited September 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
For some reason, when I try to subscribe to any RSS feed on the site using Firefox 1.5.0.7, it fails and I get ...

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

... along with quite a bit of xml that I can paste if needed.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Dennis :scratch

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    Dennis wrote:
    For some reason, when I try to subscribe to any RSS feed on the site using Firefox 1.5.0.7, it fails and I get ...

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

... along with quite a bit of xml that I can paste if needed.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Dennis headscratch.gif
    I don't think FireFox has an RSS reader built in, you may need an extension for that. Flock behaves a lot better that way, and is also built of the firefox engine.
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    ivar wrote:
    I don't think FireFox has an RSS reader built in, you may need an extension for that. Flock behaves a lot better that way, and is also built of the firefox engine.
    nod.gif firefox 1.5 does not have a built in feed reader. Safari does a nice job if you're on a mac and so does Flock as Ivar mentioned. Firefox 2 will have better support for rss. It should be out in October.
    Pedal faster
  • DennisDennis Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    bigwebguy wrote:
    nod.gif firefox 1.5 does not have a built in feed reader. Safari does a nice job if you're on a mac and so does Flock as Ivar mentioned. Firefox 2 will have better support for rss. It should be out in October.
    Are you sure about that? The smugmug site says different:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds

... Plus, I'm already using my Firefox 1.5 browser's built-in RSS live bookmark reader. I have been using it for several months now with 2 galleries at smugmug and with two other web sites. I added those live bookmarks with a Firefox version *prior* to 1.5.

I did some more research and learned that with Firefox 1.5 the method to subscribe changed. The method to subscribe with 1.5 is to click on the RSS icon on the far right of the URL address window...

http://johnbokma.com/firefox/rss-and-live-bookmarks.html

RSS live bookmarks work fine, Firefox just moved the icon on me ...

Dennis