help me with my image browser please

princess101princess101 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 4, 2006 in Finishing School
hello all

i am a little new to the world of digital cameras my daughter brought me a canon digital camera recently and have got myself in a bit of a muddle with how to use my image browser

when i go to compress my images for email by using the 'create images for email' function i get told that 'there is a file, you are not authorized to write to'. and it wont let me go any futher

if anyone of you could be of help it would be greatly appreciated

from a woman not from the high-tec generation

meagan:rofl

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    hello all

i am a little new to the world of digital cameras my daughter brought me a canon digital camera recently and have got myself in a bit of a muddle with how to use my image browser

when i go to compress my images for email by using the 'create images for email' function i get told that 'there is a file, you are not authorized to write to'. and it wont let me go any futher

if anyone of you could be of help it would be greatly appreciated

from a woman not from the high-tec generation

meaganrolleyes1.gif

Hello meagan wave.gif

I'm not very familiar with the canon image browser, but it sure sounds likes a write protection issue. Can you tell if the software is trying to write the compressed email friendly image back to the memory card?
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Make sure that the email you use for yourself is the one set to default on canon image browser.

Or you could just go into your email and compose a new email and attach the photo from there, as long as you know where you have it stored.

I use a mac at home, at work with the same image browser(pc), it will only let us use hotmail, but the hotmail is set up by another employee and we get the same message, unless I go directly into the email and go back to attachment from there, and attach.

Good luck
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net