Shrooms at local 'Asian Mart'

rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited September 29, 2006 in Holy Macro
Well, I'm new around here so let me introduce myself first off...

My name is Grant Bivens and I'm a full-time student at Oklahoma State University. I am almost a Senior and my major is Electrical Engineering Technologies. I am a Photo Editor and Sr. Photographer for the OSU paper, The Daily O'Collegian.

Having said that...

I took this shot last semester for an article on the new Asian food store that opened near campus. The article didn't run but this is one of my favorite pictures from last semester. I just love the color of the basket and then (if you're not used to Asian foods) you think 'why are there shrooms in a bag???'...

C&C welcome...

-Grant
Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB

Comments

• rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    I forgot to mention...

I was using my Nikon D70 with a Sigma 14mm f/2.8 and used bounce flash off the ceiling (if you couldn't tell mwink.gif) with my SB-800.

-Grant
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Nice shot and welcome to the forum keep posting :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    Thanks Awais!

-Grant
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    I'll bite. Why are there "shrooms" in the bag? rolleyes1.gif

Nice pic and welcome.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2006
    rgbivens wrote:
    Well, I'm new around here so let me introduce myself first off...

My name is Grant Bivens and I'm a full-time student at Oklahoma State University. I am almost a Senior and my major is Electrical Engineering Technologies. I am a Photo Editor and Sr. Photographer for the OSU paper, The Daily O'Collegian.

Having said that...

I took this shot last semester for an article on the new Asian food store that opened near campus. The article didn't run but this is one of my favorite pictures from last semester. I just love the color of the basket and then (if you're not used to Asian foods) you think 'why are there shrooms in a bag???'...

C&C welcome...

-Grant

Hi there Grant, and welcome to the Dgrin Forum.........hey I've been to the Oklahoma University for a visit a few years back.

It's amazing what comes in those packages isn't it, kinda scary what they dry and package up too sometimes eek7.gif

I remember a young fellow that used to work with us who re-heated his dinner of rehydrated mushrooms and dried fish in the microwave oven over at the Base Hospital.

I've never seen so many people leave the cafeteria so fast as I did on that day, my gosh the smell was something shocking, and he was kindly asked not to heat his food up over there again rolleyes1.gif I tell you it smelt like roadkill, we were gagging at the smell of it ourselves rolleyes1.gif

Glad to have you onboard here Grant, thanks for sharing your image :D
    ......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited September 29, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    I've never seen so many people leave the cafeteria so fast as I did on that day, my gosh the smell was something shocking, and he was kindly asked not to heat his food up over there again rolleyes1.gif I tell you it smelt like roadkill, we were gagging at the smell of it ourselves rolleyes1.gif

Haha

Ya, among other things I took pictures of were 'Fish Balls' whatever those are...

But thanks for the welcome! I think I'll be sticking around here for awhile... I got on nikonians forum but it's unorganized and you have to pay to post in some of the forums...so DGrin seems like more of a community than them so I'll stick with DGrin...

-Grant