Motorcycle Mania

galaxycowpokegalaxycowpoke Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited October 2, 2006 in Sports
Here's a couple I haven't posted before.

Enjoy! :D

Shaun

304bw280_051015.jpg

w8_grid.jpg

wizard.jpg

w8_3034.jpg

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    I like the last one very much.
    He is very tilted (what is the correct word for this ?) and the stripes on the road fit very well in the photo.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • padupadu Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    He is very tilted (what is the correct word for this ?) and the stripes on the road fit very well in the photo.
    thumb.gif

I believe the right word is leaned

Yes, I also liked the photo a lot, one because it is very well taken, and secondly because it is Rossi!

Wich GP was this taken?
    http://padu.merlotti.com
    http://padu.smugmug.com
    www.merlotti.com
    Sony dslr A100, Minolta Maxxum 7000, Voighlander Bessa R and Calumet 4x5 View Camera
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    I also like the Rossi one , your signature looks like one of my bikes FZ1 or we call it Fazer FZS1000
  • galaxycowpokegalaxycowpoke Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    thumb.gif

Glad you like it. That's Rossi, the Italian. He's quite a character and a lot of fun. And a very fast and very gifted rider to say the least!
    padu wrote:

Yes, I also liked the photo a lot, one because it is very well taken, and secondly because it is Rossi!

Wich GP was this taken?

That was 2005, USGP.

People seem to like that one a lot. I recently sold a print to someone who framed it very nicely.
    gsgary wrote:
    I also like the Rossi one , your signature looks like one of my bikes FZ1 or we call it Fazer FZS1000

Yes, we have the same bike! Yamaha FZ1.

Here's a picture I took of mine:

w8_030_060417.jpg
    padu wrote:

Wich GP was this taken?
    Yes. Thank you.
    To lean, leaned, leaned.
    He is very neaned ! Dangerously leaned !
    thumb.gif
    Yes. Thank you.
    To lean, leaned, leaned.
    He is very neaned ! Dangerously leaned !
    thumb.gif

Yes. One interesting thing about Rossi is that, instead of looking up through the corner as most riders, he looks down!
    Saxon wrote:
    Yes. One interesting thing about Rossi is that, instead of looking up through the corner as most riders, he looks down!
    He is young and brave.thumb.gif
    Saxon wrote:
    Yes, we have the same bike! Yamaha FZ1.

Here's a picture I took of mine:

Buuuuu.... yamaha riders!! :D

I ride a suzuki (gixxer 600), and sometimes I hit some tracks here in socal. I'll probably start making some shots of my fellow friends too...

Ride safe!
    www.merlotti.com
    Sony dslr A100, Minolta Maxxum 7000, Voighlander Bessa R and Calumet 4x5 View Camera
  • KennyKenny Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    Nice shots Shaun... I especially like #1... B&W appeals to me for some reason... not every shot works in B&W but that one certainly does. Well done.

Kenny

Saxon wrote:
    Here's a couple I haven't posted before.

Enjoy! :D

Shaun

304bw280_051015.jpg
    edited September 29, 2006
    Mine
    22736727-M.jpg

My other bike at the Arctic circle
    40893656-M.jpg
    gsgary wrote:
    Mine

My other bike at the Arctic circle
    Beautiful bikes, Gary. I've always liked the silver FZ. And I'd love to have that Givi case (and I would if not for my latest camera purchase!). From that Arctic photo, it looks as if you're a real adventure rider!

Drop by the FZ1OA (FZ1 Owner's Association) sometime, if you haven't already!
    Kenny wrote:
    Nice shots Shaun... I especially like #1... B&W appeals to me for some reason... not every shot works in B&W but that one certainly does. Well done.

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. I posted all the best ones from that track day many months ago. Now I'm just lemon-squeezing a few more.

I felt like my shots there were a bit mundane until I saw Andrew's from VIR. Great artistic motorsport photography as always. But nothing but trees there, too; so the background can get monotonous. So it's a challenge to find interesting backgrounds at this type of flat, heavily forested track. Also a bit risky, too, because there are NO barriers of any kind for photogs to hunker behind.

But it just now ocurred to me that there are two oak trees that, although a good distance from the track, might work well in the background. I'll have to try something there.

Thanks for looking and the comments, Kenny.

By the way, did you have media access at Phillips Island?
    padu wrote:
    Buuuuu.... yamaha riders!! :D

I ride a suzuki (gixxer 600), and sometimes I hit some tracks here in socal. I'll probably start making some shots of my fellow friends too...

Ride safe!

I'd love to have a Gixxer 600 as a track bike. I had a naked Suzuki GS500 twin for a while, and it handled really well.

I have a lot of friends who ride their FZs on the track (and do it well), but the ergonomics don't work for me with that type of riding.
    Saxon wrote:
    I'd love to have a Gixxer 600 as a track bike. I had a naked Suzuki GS500 twin for a while, and it handled really well.

I have a lot of friends who ride their FZs on the track (and do it well), but the ergonomics don't work for me with that type of riding.

I had a naked SV650 before, and the ergonomics are similar to the FZ and it was awkward on the track. Then I've installed cafe racer style clipons and that was much better (worst for freeway riding though). But then I wanted to change suspension, footpegs and a series of other things to perform well on the track... that's when I decided to upgrade everything. The gixxer is a race bike from the shop floor.
    www.merlotti.com
    edited September 30, 2006
    A couple more....

Enjoy! :)

539_jengp_051015.jpg

number_21.jpg

605_jengp_051015.jpg
    edited September 30, 2006
    Saxon wrote:
    Beautiful bikes, Gary. I've always liked the silver FZ. And I'd love to have that Givi case (and I would if not for my latest camera purchase!). From that Arctic photo, it looks as if you're a real adventure rider!

Drop by the FZ1OA (FZ1 Owner's Association) sometime, if you haven't already!

Yes that's what the BMW is for this year we road across Holland, Germany, Poland , Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia when i got back i had 3 days in hospital after being bitten by a dear tic and contracted Limes desease, the photo is from a trip we took up through Sweden, Finland upto the Russian boarder and then back down through Norway. When i first got the Fazer we did the same as this year but did the full length of Poland and into Slovakia and back about 4000 miles
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 1, 2006
    Nice shots. I like the third (Wizard Racing). Got a nice artistic quality about
    it. Rossi is always good--I have always wondered how far he looks through
    the corners too--it's like he's looking about 1/2 way through most of them.

I can't imagine a long ride on an FZ1. Sweet bike though.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • KennyKenny Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Hi Shaun,

Sorry for the late reply... I've been away for four days/nights with work. Just got back in the door a couple of hours ago.

It's always a challenge to get "good" shots when there's nothing to hide behind if the need arises! A photographer's life is sometimes a risky one... but that's when you get the best shots! :D

BTW, I was shooting from the spectator areas at Phillip Island... just found a couple of good spots and staked my claim! mwink.gif I definitely need a bigger lense though... but I guess I'd be saying that no matter what focal length I was using rolleyes1.gif

Cheers,
    Ken

Saxon wrote:
    Thanks, Kenny. I posted all the best ones from that track day many months ago. Now I'm just lemon-squeezing a few more.

I felt like my shots there were a bit mundane until I saw Andrew's from VIR. Great artistic motorsport photography as always. But nothing but trees there, too; so the background can get monotonous. So it's a challenge to find interesting backgrounds at this type of flat, heavily forested track. Also a bit risky, too, because there are NO barriers of any kind for photogs to hunker behind.

But it just now ocurred to me that there are two oak trees that, although a good distance from the track, might work well in the background. I'll have to try something there.

Thanks for looking and the comments, Kenny.

By the way, did you have media access at Phillips Island?