AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited December 13, 2004 in Holy Macro

Comments

• blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    Simply awesome. How does one go about getting shots like that
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    Ive just been sitting here for an hour & missed maybe 10 huge ones. This is the back end of our 3pm storm...just too much light about. They leave a nice ambience in the air though.

I always focus on that church steeple in the distance...one day...one day.

Thanks andy...

12650444-M.jpg
    edited December 13, 2004
    Andy..why is his ISO @ 200 ? I was under the impression that ISO for this stuff had to be as low as possible.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    Amazing stich. And incredibly dangerous, he was most definitely at risk for getting hit by lightning.

Humungatarian, I think his settings worked because it looks like he was shooting into near total darkness. Other than a few vehicle lights, I don't see much in this shot that would get overexposed.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited December 13, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Amazing stich. And incredibly dangerous, he was most definitely at risk for getting hit by lightning.

Humungatarian, I think his settings worked because it looks like he was shooting into near total darkness. Other than a few vehicle lights, I don't see much in this shot that would get overexposed.
    I was thinking that after i googled some more. More the reason to get a DSLR with bulb...bulb is what i really miss on my AE-1.

The result of that deep blue sky i shot.

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11682448%255E952,00.html