Which one works? Color or B&W

Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited October 2, 2006 in People
Comments appreciated- especially on B&W conversion. Thanks.

97207174-O.jpg

98625073-O.jpg
Thanks!
Jeff

flickr

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2006
    B&W for sure. The colors really don't add much in this image. The conversion looks good. Nice overall tonal range. I'd use some masks and boost the contrast a bit in some areas.

Erich
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2006
    erich6 wrote:
    B&W for sure. The colors really don't add much in this image. The conversion looks good. Nice overall tonal range. I'd use some masks and boost the contrast a bit in some areas.

Erich

I actually like the color one better. However, I would probably crop the bottom part of the picture off. Her arm isn't really adding much to the photo other than a bit of distraction.

She's an adorable little girl with beautiful blonde hair and you can really see that in the colored version!
    Missy Ü
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    I think the B&W has more potential. I would like to see a conversion where you didn't completely blow out her forehead and shoulder. I guess it's just a little to high-contrast for my taste.
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    I think the B&W has more potential. I would like to see a conversion where you didn't completely blow out her forehead and shoulder. I guess it's just a little to high-contrast for my taste.

I think what's missing? catch lights.

Her eyes are pretty but they don't sparkle. I wonder if you could add them?
    Missy Ü
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    I too like the B&W better....her eyes definately pop out in that conversion, but yes catchlight would be great too for that added "sparkle"!!

Very cute little girl!!
  • Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    Thanks for all the feedback- much appreciated. Sorry for a dumb question but what are catch lights? If this is a pp thing please enlighten me. Thanks.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

flickr

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    gdad wrote:
    Thanks for all the feedback- much appreciated. Sorry for a dumb question but what are catch lights? If this is a pp thing please enlighten me. Thanks.
    Catch lights are the reflections of the flash/stobe seen in the eyes of the subject. They tend to add a whole new dimension to the life/sparkle of the eye.

You have small catch lights in yours. I'm guessing that others are suggesting you enlarge them a bit (not hard to do) to add that much more sparkle and vitality to the image.
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    hmm... i like the color one with a tighter crop.
    just my unexperienced opinion...

maybe something like this..

99465599-S.jpg
    troy