Yesterday & Today

BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
edited September 30, 2006 in People
Well several years ago and several weeks ago. The first shot is my two daugters sitting on the front porch swing at the in-laws house about ten years ago. The youngest daughter is a touchy feely type person, always giving hugs, the oldest daughter is a hands-off, give me my space type person. We decided to recreate the shot several weeks ago and frame the two shots together for moms upcoming birthday. Any tips on making these shots look better is greatly appreciated. (If only their Dad could take pictures as well as they look we would have it made).
98931888-L.jpg

98931979-L.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2006
    THis is going to make a very sweet gift for Mother. Your question, now that's a hard one to answser. I don't think there's much room for improvement on the second (newer) shot. This one is georgeous.

The first one - looks like it would benefit from a visit to some noise reduction software and, maybe, a little less contrast?

OBTW - The girls are very attractive, both then and now!
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    Tha.nks Scott
    Yea, the first one is a little rough, I do not even remember taking the picture, but I am sure it was before I owned my first SLR. I have no idea what point and shoot camera I used. I scanned the orignal a couple of years ago and converted to B & W. I need to learn PS really bad
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    What a great idea and two really great shots! I think you did extremely well in your recreation. I agree that some noise reduction is needed (Noise Ninja is a free download and works well). #1 also could lose a little contrast, but I think the newer photo needs a boost in contrast. Using a slight "s" curve will also make the contrast and lighting appear more like the original. There really isn't much you need to do ...you're almost there! Mom will love it!