Noticeably faster -- thank you!!

scoodogscoodog Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited October 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
SmugMug has been noticeably faster today. I presume that the server/network changes that were made last night are to credit?

As a benchmark, I gauge my ability to watch pictures in a slideshow. I am able to watch a slideshow with size set to "large" and 1-second per picture, with no problem. Previously, I wasn't able to even watch "small" and 1-second per picture on a consistently-successful basis; some pics would not load (i.e. I'd see a a blank window for them).

Also, the system just seems zippier.

Thanks, SmugMug!!

ScooDog
http://scoodog.smugmug.com

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited October 1, 2006
    scoodog wrote:
    SmugMug has been noticeably faster today. I presume that the server/network changes that were made last night are to credit?

As a benchmark, I gauge my ability to watch pictures in a slideshow. I am able to watch a slideshow with size set to "large" and 1-second per picture, with no problem. Previously, I wasn't able to even watch "small" and 1-second per picture on a consistently-successful basis; some pics would not load (i.e. I'd see a a blank window for them).

Also, the system just seems zippier.

Thanks, SmugMug!!

ScooDog
    http://scoodog.smugmug.com
    Thanks!

Yes, it should be much zippier after re-installing new load balancers a few days ago. We had actually installed them a week or so ago, but had to take them back offline until the manufacturer fixed a bug. That was torture, knowing we had the goods to be fast but watching the site bog for awhile.
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    Baldy wrote:
    Thanks!

Yes, it should be much zippier after re-installing new load balancers a few days ago. We had actually installed them a week or so ago, but had to take them back offline until the manufacturer fixed a bug. That was torture, knowing we had the goods to be fast but watching the site bog for awhile.

I hope you're not using Net Foundry load balancers -I can tell you some horror stories about them... eek7.gif
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.