Interesting Find: Geocache Container

douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
edited October 1, 2006 in Holy Macro
Not that cool of a shot but a cool find. This is a game called geocacheing were the coordinates are given out and the players see who can find it first using GPS. Not much for prizes inside just basic little trinkets. I think maybe Ill print this picture and go back tommorrow and put it inside if its still there, I wonder if they would be upset that i tampered with it by adding a picture.....

99029923-L.jpg
Best regards,
douglas

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2006
    I know pwoplw who Geo-Cache and you are supposed to leave something behind along with your signature for the person who owns the cache......so a pic would be a nice litttle keepsake if they ever decided to drop out...you might even add the date and your website for them.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    douglas wrote:
    Not that cool of a shot but a cool find. This is a game called geocacheing were the coordinates are given out and the players see who can find it first using GPS. Not much for prizes inside just basic little trinkets. I think maybe Ill print this picture and go back tommorrow and put it inside if its still there, I wonder if they would be upset that i tampered with it by adding a picture.....

Hi Douglas, so did you find it by the coordinates? or you just come across it during an outing ????

I dont see any harm in taking a photo, you didn't release its location.
    Good for you I say thumb.gif nice find :D .... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    I know pwoplw who Geo-Cache and you are supposed to leave something behind along with your signature for the person who owns the cache......so a pic would be a nice litttle keepsake if they ever decided to drop out...you might even add the date and your website for them.

Thanks for reply Art, I will add a pic tommorow if its still there.
    Best regards,
    douglas
    edited October 1, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Douglas, so did you find it by the coordinates? or you just come across it during an outing ????

I dont see any harm in taking a photo, you didn't release its location.
    Good for you I say thumb.gif nice find :D .... Skippy (Australia)

I found it by accident, was quite a suprise to me. I know where it is now, but i still dont know its coordinates headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif .
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    douglas wrote:
    Thanks for reply Art, I will add a pic tommorow if its still there.

Geo caches don't usually move....unless someone steals them as their coordinates are published on the internet....this is a global game and that cache could get visited by someone from....say the country of Georgia or the Czech Republic......the ownere real reward are the eignautes with addys and such, not what is left behind..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    Dont know whats that but looks intresting headscratch.gif
    Nice find :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited October 1, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Geo caches don't usually move....unless someone steals them as their coordinates are published on the internet....this is a global game and that cache could get visited by someone from....say the country of Georgia or the Czech Republic......the ownere real reward are the eignautes with addys and such, not what is left behind..........

Oh ok thank you Art, I was under the assumption that it was hid somewhere and cordinates given out, then who ever found it first gets whats inside.
    Best regards,
    douglas
    edited October 1, 2006
    Dont know whats that but looks intresting headscratch.gif
    Nice find :D

Thank You Awais
    Best regards,
    douglas