My son

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited October 3, 2006 in People
I think the most difficult photographic subject for me is my own family. Usually the family shots are taken at birthdays, holidays or special days like Christmas etc. These are special moments but they are not photographically interesting for anyone else but us.

Here are two shots of my son that break the mold:

Sebastian at Newcastle's Baths
Sebastian-Newcastle-Baths-IMG_7367.jpg

Spray
Spray-IMG_7364.jpg

As always the clicking on the links or thumbnails leads to bigger images.

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    I like the first one a lot... nice composition and he looks really relaxed.

The second one makes me laugh, since he's got a gusher coming out of his midsection!
    Chris
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    The idea for the second one came from my wife who saw the gashing water running out of the little building.
  • SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    on the second pic, I think I would have shot more to the right, so we see more of the water in the picture and less of what your son is leanign against...that'd get rid of the no swimming sign as well.

And as Chris said, with his hand going in his pocket, and the way he's turned, with the water spraying out of the waist area, it kind of looks like he's going to the bathroom. ne_nau.gif

The first one is awesome, great composition, but the second, I might try reshooting with some different positions.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 2, 2006
    I like both pics though the second one is fun in a sophmoric sort of way. In the first pic I'm seeing a good deal of digital artifacts around his head and shoulders and the effect of the lens makes his feet look out of proportion.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    I think the artifacts came out of black and white conversion. I have tried a less dramatic effect which is more technically OK but it doesn't create the effect I was after.

Yes, it was a wide angle lens so the disproportions are always there.

2nd photo was meant to be a fun/joke. I know it is not in the "good taste" category but we all had a good laugh at it.
    truth wrote:
    I like both pics though the second one is fun in a sophmoric sort of way. In the first pic I'm seeing a good deal of digital artifacts around his head and shoulders and the effect of the lens makes his feet look out of proportion.
  • SeanAdemySeanAdemy Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 2, 2006
    I really like the first. Great compo, and I like the contrast in what's going on. I would like to see it cropped a bit tighter, but that's just me.

The 2nd one just isn't doing it for me.

--Sean
  • Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    2nd photo was meant to be a fun/joke. I know it is not in the "good taste" category but we all had a good laugh at it.

Hey, I appreciate your humor. I think its great. rolleyes1.gif 1st photo is really nice.
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Ditto on the comments above, love the composition on the firstclap.gif