Options

Do these work for you?

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited October 2, 2006 in Weddings
MODS - If I've posted this in the wrong forum, Sorry. I did my best to put it in the right place.

Now, on with the show.

I've seen some selectively colorized photos here and there and some of them I have found to be well done. Others, the colorization is just a bit over-done. I've tried to keep these a little understated. I'm wondering what y'all think of them. Please C&C is very much requested. Thanks

1. The gown and her bouquet.
99212039-M.jpg

2. I like this one. My wife and my son (he's 24, so he's entitled to an opinion) don't really get excited about it. So, does it work?
99212040-M.jpg

3. And, finally, the B&G.
99212036-M.jpg

I would really like an opinion. While these are quite easy to do, they are labor intensive and I don't want to continue wasting time if they will not be well recieved. I guess, I could present these as examples to future clients and ask if they like the look and go from there. Still, I'm interested in other's opinions.

TIA for looking and offering the C&C.

Comments

• Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    Hey again....
    Loving the photos!!!

#1 is great I like the selective coloring on the flowers...kind of wish the dress was the right side up, but I love the idea!!

#2 is fabulous (I love selctive coloring...some people do not however)

#3 Doesn't really do anyhting for me......but who am I?

I am so excited for you......I hope you continue to do more weddings......I really think you have done a wonderul job with this one, despite the minor difficulties :D

Heather
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    Scott,
    I hope these few comments help:

#1. there are no details in the the gown, plus this is a very busy image. The contrast between colour and black and white elements is too low
    #2. I like this one
    #3. This comes close but the veil has all but vanished
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2006
    Scott, I'm one of those people who doesn't really care much for selective coloring...it has to be done very carefully. I prefer slightly desaturated shots where the color is subtle in the entire photo. That being said, I think #2 works pretty well. The color (or lack of color) in the flowers in the other 2 shots just doesn't seem to compliment a black and white photo, which isn't your fault. However, the bride may like them very much! It's a personal choice.
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    I usually like the selective colouring, the first and third ones are nice, but the second one is TOO photoshopped.. Keep taking photos and playing with them! I cant wait to see more! Jamie.
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Thanks all. I really appreciate the comments. I feel mostly vidicated about #2.

I didn't notice the veil being blown - too focused on other things. I will have to go back and see if I can't recover this some.

I'll just have to wait and see what the B&G say about them.

Again, thanks.