Options

need some help please

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited February 7, 2004 in Finishing School
Can anyone improve this with P/S. I have it but often miss the best way to fix things. This boat was a friends fathers boat built before the war in tasmania. Click on it to get a larger photo. I was thinking edit the 2 white poles & maybe the towel hanging outside ?

Cheers....humungus

If you need a huge photo then try http://humongous.smugmug.com/gallery/66112 & click on "Original" below the photo

2298290-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2004
    Humungus,

Here's what I came up with. Click on the image for a larger version.

2299393-S.jpg

Hope this is what you wanted!

-Eric
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2004
    I took Cletus' version, upped the contrast and brightness just a tad, cloned out the white mast on the left and cropped out the white strip in the bottom.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited February 7, 2004
    How is this?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2004
    Thanks everyone...im sure he will love it. He hadnt seen the boat in 40 odd years & was driving past this spot one day.

Good work all !
  • Options
    Mr RushMr Rush Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2004
    Humungus
    Hope I haven't chopped it up too much for you. Much the same as you with the cloning, colour, levels etc but I also took out the long wood on the left to try to balance it. I took out the top as it drew my eye away from the boat. Sorrysad.gif
    Humungus wrote:
    Can anyone improve this with P/S. I have it but often miss the best way to fix things. This boat was a friends fathers boat built before the war in tasmania. Click on it to get a larger photo. I was thinking edit the 2 white poles & maybe the towel hanging outside ?

Cheers....humungus

If you need a huge photo then try http://humongous.smugmug.com/gallery/66112 & click on "Original" below the photo

2298290-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2004
    Thats great rush, nice job as well....i will copy & give them all to him. I told him it is possible to do all this & i dont think he believed me.

God i love old boats.