NYC Cabs

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited October 3, 2006 in Holy Macro
i was trying to make some trendy images to print large to decorate my apartment and came up with these two. please tell me what you think.

99387547-M.jpg

99387572-M.jpg

i plan to get a 20x30 of #1, i really love it.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i was trying to make some trendy images to print large to decorate my apartment and came up with these two. please tell me what you think.

i plan to get a 20x30 of #1, i really love it.

Okay truth is I personally do not like abstract art much at all, you really have to have the right room for this sort of image, I know it would look way out of place in my house.

It's important that you like it, after all its gonna hang on your wall :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    thumb.gif
  • ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Hope you have a lot of cyan ink in your printer rolleyes1.gif I like the pictures, really gives you a sense of the hustle and bustle of the city. Depending on the color scheme of your place either one would be good. But I just happen to prefer the blue one thumb.gif Any secrets of PP you would like to share
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Great i am with blue thumb.gif
    I have heard red color is not good for humans as interior color headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Just a tip. When asking for comments or critique's on an image, don't also add that you really like the photo (that is an unspoken given or you would not have posted it). It makes nearly impossible for people to then turn around and say something negative.

The two photos are not my cup of tea, but I have seen similar type work hanging as art. My suggestion might be to make the colored portions even more graphic in appreance by making the colored areas more solid and filled in so there is less "dithering" if you will. Try it and see if you like the effect or not.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 2, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    Are you planning on inviting us all over? lol3.gif

They're your walls, who gives a rat's a** what we think?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Are you planning on inviting us all over? lol3.gif

Is that gum?!?! I hope you brought enough for the whole class!!!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Just a tip. When asking for comments or critique's on an image, don't also add that you really like the photo (that is an unspoken given or you would not have posted it). It makes nearly impossible for people to then turn around and say something negative.

you're right shay, thanks. technically i'm not in love with the orange one, but i shouldn't have mentioned how i felt about the blue one.

thanks for everyones comments! i guess i just wanted to know if this is the kind of thing that would be marketable to the general public.

once i have the posters are on my wall i'll invite you all over for and i've got plenty of gum for the whole class.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 3, 2006
    binghott wrote:

once i have the posters are on my wall i'll invite you all over for and i've got plenty of gum for the whole class.
    IN! thumb.gif

will the hott ladies be there? lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    I dig 'em - seems like a perfect match for a mod city apartment.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM