Candle/Flame shot..

MogMog Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited October 3, 2006 in Holy Macro
Playing around last night with candles and my new lens and came out with this...

Any Comments and Criticism most welcome... I tried countless things to get the nearest candle 'sharper' but just couldn't do it :dunno

99391372-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Mog wrote:
    Playing around last night with candles and my new lens and came out with this...

Any Comments and Criticism most welcome... I tried countless things to get the nearest candle 'sharper' but just couldn't do it ne_nau.gif

Nice experiment, I'm not sure how one would tone down the whiteness of the flame a candle produces.

What lens is it that your trying out.......... you've dont quite a nice job with this shot, very pleasing to the eye, and as you said you are trying out a new lens. ......... I like it thumb.gif ....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • MogMog Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    Skippy,

Thanks for the comments, the lens is the Tamron 28-75 f2.8, it's a lovely lens for the price and it's producing some great images, especially in low light..

The 'whiteness' of the flame is exactly what I was trying to tone down, with not much look...

Thanks
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2006
    iloveyou.gif I loved this great work
    I think there is too much space in right side but its only me. and littel more darkness :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • MogMog Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    iloveyou.gif I loved this great work
    I think there is too much space in right side but its only me. and littel more darkness :D

Thanks for the comments Awais
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Mog wrote:
    Skippy,

Thanks for the comments, the lens is the Tamron 28-75 f2.8, it's a lovely lens for the price and it's producing some great images, especially in low light..

The 'whiteness' of the flame is exactly what I was trying to tone down, with not much look...

Thanks
    To get the shot I think you're looking for, you probably need to stack exposures. The flames are white becuase they're overexposed. Exposing for the flames gives you very little light for the rest of the scene. Composition-wise, I would try to crop it a bit more square - slightly less wide to get rid of the emptyness on the right, and a bit more height to give the large candle some headroom.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72