I just need to vent! *Grrrrr!*

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited October 14, 2006 in People
Howdy guys!
I am so sick'n'tired, frustrated and pi**ed off! I love Sweden, but sometimes the swedish law and "mentality" is so... so... wrong! This is paradise for thouse who doesn't care about the law, because in Sweden we care for the criminals and and forget about their victims.
Me and my family lives (spouse and Liam 3 years, Elliot 1,5 years) door by door, ca 5-6 meter between) a low life criminal family. Every day they do their sh*tty business. As soon as the sun goes down, there are fishy people comming and going to their place all nights. I know for a fact, I've seen it so many times (everybody knows) that they sell alcohol to under ages, sell stoolen goods - they've asked me many times, you know Canadian Goose-jackets, "Global" Knifes, Flat screens, computers, you name it. Every god da*ned day!
Quite often they have "family wars", other fractions of the same ethnic origin. (OBS: this is NOT racistic propaganda!) There has been gunfights and assult and battery and during the last week, the family has been under attack two times, having every window smashed. By default, they shout and scream all nights and we can't sleep, because we have our (and the childrens) bedroom facing their terrace (we both live on ground floor) and they scare the s*it out of my spouse.
This is a BIG problem, and I don't want my children to grow up side by side with them. But we refuse to move, we like it here, if it wasn't for them. We and everybody in the neigbourhood wants to get rid of them, and we all call the police and the landlord several times a week, but with no luck. Why? Because they are considered to be a persecuted ethnic group! Absurd! I'm not a racist what so ever, quite the other way around, but that isn't the point - they are criminals, that's the problem, and EVERYBODY KNOWS IT, but they get away with it, proteced by our stupid namby-pamby laws.
This is the youngest guy in "our" family. He just turned 18, and he likes to drive, and does so every now and then. So far so good, but hey! I tell ya, his "elavator doesn't go all the way up" and he doesn't have a driving licence - and me and many others have small children playing in the area. Would you tolerate that?

Regards / Matty

99679297-O.jpg

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Matty, I feel for you.

We have an idiot who uses his dirt bike on our street. I have seen police trying to apprehend him while he was easily exceeding 120km/h in 50km/h zone.

Protection in the name of political correctness is widely spread in the "civilised" western countries as we call them. Unfortunately as you said the people who these laws meant to protect are using the law as blank excuse for everything.

Political philosophy aside, did you try to talk to the young man that you are concerned for your children and suggest a driving course and getting a licence? Confrontation will only get you so far so perhaps try negotiation, if that is possible.

PS: top notch collage.
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    I had a serious talk with him once, regarding anohter problem, and it ended up with him yelling "I'm gonna kill you! You are dead! I'M GONNA KILL YA! You are a racist! Bla bla bla!" It was outside and I have 4 "earwitnesses". You just CAN'T talk with these people!

Matty

Matty, I feel for you.

We have an idiot who uses his dirt bike on our street. I have seen police trying to apprehend him while he was easily exceeding 120km/h in 50km/h zone.

Protection in the name of political correctness is widely spread in the "civilised" western countries as we call them. Unfortunately as you said the people who these laws meant to protect are using the law as blank excuse for everything.

Political philosophy aside, did you try to talk to the young man that you are concerned for your children and suggest a driving course and getting a licence? Confrontation will only get you so far so perhaps try negotiation, if that is possible.

PS: top notch collage.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    And here I was thinking that the USA was more than just a little over the top with their PC cr*p. The US policies aren't even a patch on the trash you have to put up with.

My initial thought was of sabotage, but that would just lower you to their level - not a good role model for you children.

I do feel for you and the problem solver in me wants to offer some advice or a solution, but I'm afraid (and, maybe, you're happy) that I don't have any to offer.

From time to time, keep us posted as I'm sure I'm not the only one interested/concerned about your situation.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 3, 2006
    the only advice I can give is-

move to east tennessee-

not perfect, but pretty darn close to it-
  • SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    this is bad, horrible advice, but I'd suggest you take them up on the offer to get one of those flat screen tv's.

*just kidding*

Seriously, I'd try to avoid them as much as possible, and call the police every time there is a disturbance. Sooner or later, I'd imagine the police would get tired of coming out there. Just try not to let the thugs know you're the one making the calls or causing the confrontation, they might get upset at you.

I live in a bit of a rough neighborhood, not really - but the neighbors aren't exactly the people I care to talk to. I've become a bit of a shut-in myself. Its no fun. Thankfully, I'll be moving in a few months.

good luck to you and these problems.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Don't know how it works in Sweden, but in the US the elected official holds the ultimate trump card. If the police don't give you the response you and your neighbors deem appropriate than have a chat with the elected official which has jurisdiction over the police in your neighborhood. If nothing happens than the go to the press ... get petitions signed ... and finally promote and elect a candidate which will do something about your problem (you can't be an isolated case).

None of these is a short term solution ... but any/all suggestions is better than doing nothing. And call the cops, keep calling the cops, everytime there is a problem - call the cops (even if they don't respond call them and document that they don't respond) ... keep precise documention on when you called, why you called and what response the authorities took. Document everything. Orgainize a neighborhood watch and have all the neighbors call the police as well when sh*t hits the fan. The squeaky wheel get the grease ... so between you (one person = nut case) and your neighbors reacting (more than one person = a real problem) ... something should happen. Remember that the wheels of government turn slowly ... but they do turn and over time your problem should be resolved ... just don't give up.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    you're a photographer, catch them in the the act!
  • ONESHOTONESHOT Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    I Think You And Your Family Should Move Out And Away From It All, When People Like That Turn Realy Nasty You Would Wish You Had Moved Earlyier. I Know Its Not Good But Thats The World We Live In, Find Piece And Be Happy, Lifes To Short To Live Like That.
    I Know Me And My Wife Have Bean There, But That Was An X Idiot
    Prob, But Still The Same.........hope Things Work Out For Ya